Would anyone take part in......

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Roaming, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

I know we imported some stuff from BBW, like the Debate Contest, Around the Horn contest, All Era Mock Draft, the Greatest Highlight, things like that. Would anyone here be interested in beginning that stuff all over again? Things like;</p>

<u>Debate Contest</u></p>

It can be any sport, we just debate major issues or things about the sport, and we have judges to judge the debate.</p>

</p>

<u>Around the Horn</u></p>

we take things that are going on in the game (any sport) and discuss them, its basically a debate contest, but it goes on every week and we have a panel of sports analysts who give their opinions on the issue and are given points for the quality of their posts. The person with the most points moves on to the next week, joined by 3 new analysts.</p>

<u>All Era Mock Draft</u></p>

We have a draft including every player in the NBA right now and in the past. We assemble a roster of 12 men and we make a poll and see whos teams are better.</p>

<u>the Greatest Highlight</u></p>

something imported from BBW, and i am currently running one on BBW4, where we take highlights and we vote them off and we see whos is the best. We choose around 20 and we vote of 4 each week, and we see which highlight is the best.</p>

</p>

Would anyone take part in these things? It can be seriously applied in every single sport as long as we have members. What do you think?</p>

2. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    I'd take part in all of those things, and I'd love to see everyone else get active in them.</p>

Our polls have a "revote" option that lets people change their vote at any time. Seems like a good way to judge a debate contest and let the members rate the debate as it goes on.</p>

If there's anything we can do with the software to make these things easier, let me know. I already have a few interesting things planned regarding polls:</p>

1) MVP style polls - people vote 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place from a list and the winner is determined by points based upon those votes. Could be used to elect poster of the month, hall of fame posters, or whatever else makes sense.</p>

2) Bracket style polls - this is sort of like the vote-off you talk about above. You create a bracket, like for march madness or hot babes or whatever. People vote in each bracket to see who moves on.</p>

Any other ideas welcome.</p>

</p>

3. pegs

pegs My future wife.

debate & around the horn sounds fun for me

4. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

I'm down for debate and around the horn. Although I would probably get my butt kicked, it'd be a fun learning process

5. JCB

JCB The Savage Nation

Student
    I'd take part in all those. Very nice ideas.

6. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

Ok the question is, which sports? I can run NFL, NBA, and MLB.

7. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RaptorFan#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok the question is, which sports? I can run NFL, NBA, and MLB.</div>
    We have people that post in all of those sports, so I don't see a problem having them in all of them. Maybe the best way to start is to have a different one in each general forum to get things started. Like an all-time team MLB draft and NBA debates.