Sports Ticker

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by bbwVikesRule, Aug 13, 2007.

1. bbwVikesRule

bbwVikesRule BBW Member

I think its rather pointless to have that sports ticker thing flood up the forums, like in the Boston Red Sox board that's basically all there is. Can't see any real discussion on the teams with it in there.

2. aquaitious

aquaitious Celtic Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bbwVikesRule)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think its rather pointless to have that sports ticker thing flood up the forums, like in the Boston Red Sox board that's basically all there is. Can't see any real discussion on the teams with it in there.</div></p>

</p>

Nowifitcouldeditit'sownpostandkeeppostingintheoriginalthread,Ithinkit'dbegreat.</p>

</p>

3. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Personally, I like the sports ticker, it's an original idea and a reliable source.</p>

</p>

However, I like Employee #5's idea alot, instead of making new posts for box scores just have one thread.</p>

4. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

Yeh Employees idea is good and i also like the Sports ticker in General

5. bronco92

bronco92 Managing Partner

Yeah, I think we're on the same page here. It posts too much, but is a great feature.

6. andwho

andwho JBB JustBBall Member

The scrolling effect is kinda annoying and also it takes a bit of time to see the whole message.</p>

Howaboutmakingitscrollup?Soyouwouldseethefirstmessageanditsitsthereonthescreenforafewsecondsthenthenextmessagescrollsuptoreplaceit.</p>

7. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

Actually, its just plain there is no discussion in that forum. If there was discussion in that forum, it wouldn't all just be sportsticker.</p>

The idea behind the sportsticker, is for gamethreads. Getting like 20 people in those game threads posting up about the game, and maybe 7 out of the 20 people aren't actually watching the game. So they'll be able to post about the game, see updates on scores, players scoring, etc on the game, while staying in the thread and talking about the game. </p>

8. Arrpy

Arrpy Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (employee #5)</div><div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bbwVikesRule)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think its rather pointless to have that sports ticker thing flood up the forums, like in the Boston Red Sox board that's basically all there is. Can't see any real discussion on the teams with it in there.</div></p>

</p>

Now if it could edit it's own post and keep posting in the original thread, I think it'd be great. </p>

</p>

</div></p>

That's a very good idea, things wouldn't be so cluttered then.</p>

</p>

9. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

I'm not a fan of the scrolling sports ticker. Maybe my eyes are screwy, but I have hard time even reading it when its moving left to right like that. Instead of making it scroll, how about displaying the first line for a couple seconds, then fade out/in to the next line, and so on ... and repeat in a cycle. I think it would be easier to follow, and easier on the eyes too. </p>

</p>

10. pegs

pegs My future wife.

this would probably be too much of a hassle, but i'd rather have the sportsticker in a different subforum on each team forum. maybe have a "SportsTicker" section just for that.

11. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (durvasa)</div><div class='quotemain'>

I'm not a fan of the scrolling sports ticker. Maybe my eyes are screwy, but I have hard time even reading it when its moving left to right like that. Instead of making it scroll, how about displaying the first line for a couple seconds, then fade out/in to the next line, and so on ... and repeat in a cycle. I think it would be easier to follow, and easier on the eyes too.</div></p>

It's taken down. That was only a temp solution to what would be a long term solution.</p>

-Petey </p>

</p>

12. MosDefinitely

MosDefinitely Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peg182)</div><div class='quotemain'>this would probably be too much of a hassle, but i'd rather have the sportsticker in a different subforum on each team forum. maybe have a "SportsTicker" section just for that.</div>

Thats what I was just going to suggest, it would be alot easier to get around the clutter. </p>

13. nflreporterla

nflreporterla NFL Writer

I am all for a ST sub forum where you can get the box scores etc for every game. But I do also believe that S2 has enough talented bloggers that call S2 home so they can and probably will write a nice little game coverage article anyways. Also does ST actually go to all the games or do they have a few people sitting in a room or at home watching and typing??If thats the case, I want to sit at home and write about a game instead of doing any real work. I live in LA so I can write about the Baltimore Ravens.Also if ST costs money, I don't think they are cheaper or better then the AP who actually attends games.</p>

Just my five cents.</p>

14. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

I believe that Sportsline is associated with CBS Sports.

15. shookem

shookem Still not a bust

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BG7 Lavigne)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Actually, its just plain there is no discussion in that forum. If there was discussion in that forum, it wouldn't all just be sportsticker.</p>

The idea behind the sportsticker, is for gamethreads. Getting like 20 people in those game threads posting up about the game, and maybe 7 out of the 20 people aren't actually watching the game. So they'll be able to post about the game, see updates on scores, players scoring, etc on the game, while staying in the thread and talking about the game. </p>

</div></p>

I think it's going to be great once games starts. Instead of posting all the plays the sportsticker will do it for me and I can just comment on the action. </p>

</p>