Reserve to B

Discussion in 'England' started by dycdan, Dec 10, 2006.

1. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

Okay, I never gave this a second thought until our chosen one preached it. Whats your thought's on teams with good youth or generally good reserves creating a [TEAM] B, which can participate in professional leagues.

Alright we know Mourinho suggested this some days back but its not just aimed at Chelsea, so leave the hate directly after this. <- hate stop!

:eek: Anyhow lets continue, I was watching that football brunch program on skysports1 with the fat, old, gay and short chaps chatting as if they know anything and they raised the topic on B teams.

Surly this would be good for English footballers in particular, Arsenal for example would field English players playing week in and week out and maybe eventually catch the eye of Wenger. Chelsea would also be able to give proper competitive games to all players such as SWP (Who everyone moans at isn't getting enough games), although I'd rather see him feature in an A squad.

I realize everything comes with bad points and here are some:
    1. The B teams would either have to get drawn into the bottom of the bottom or the leagues would have more participants.
    2. Would take away clubs like Arsenal loaning out youth to teams like Birmingham.
    3. It's an excuse for teams to buy more players. :pff:
    So whats your thoughts, opinions and overall comments on this B team suggestion???

2. reven

reven DYC Squad Backup player

I'd love to see divison groups like done in Spain, would give more teams a chance on promoting.