Torres could have joined Chelsea

Discussion in 'England' started by united4life, Feb 3, 2007.

1. united4life

united4life DYC Squad Backup player

Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres claims he had the "easy option to go to Chelsea" in the January transfer window.

The Spanish star has constantly rejected overtures from many of Europe's leading clubs, including Manchester United, and now revealed he snubbed the opportunity to move to Stamford Bridge.

He told Spanish radio: "There are many people who want me to go. I would have made much money if I left and it pains me that they say I have stayed here to be in a comfort-zone.

"It would have been the easy option to go to Chelsea."

Torres instead has set his sights on qualifying for the UEFA Cup with Atletico currently lying fifth in La Liga.

"I've grown up at a club suffering the worst time of its history and I am carrying the weight of the team on my shoulders.

"It's possible, but things take time and I consider it to be really good to qualify for the UEFA Cup this season.

"The Champions League would be great, but just playing in Europe would be a step in the right direction."

2. gunnerz

gunnerz DYC Forza La Bianconeri

he'd be much better off playing at atletico. He is fitting right in and his style suits the club. A move to chelsea would be stupid. Its packed with stars and he probably wouldnt even get a starting spot. He knows he ahs made the right choice. Its his destiny to lead them into UEFA cup glory.

3. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

Torres didn't join Chelsea because he's not THICK. He wouldn't get a consistent run of games and his career would prosper at man utd or arsenal. although i would love him at arsenal i can see man utd paying ridiculous money for him