Champions League format for smaller nations

Discussion in 'Europe' started by fatfrank, Feb 14, 2007.

1. fatfrank

fatfrank DYC 1st team Reserves

Platini should not tamper with the current format to keep the esmaller nations happy BUT he should try this

Italy, Spain and England - 1st and 2nd (Auto). 3rd (Start from Qualifying Round 3) and 4th (Start from Qualifying Round 1)

Germany, Portugal, France - 1st (Auto). 2nd (Start from Qualifying Round 3) and 3rd (Start from Qualifying Round 1)

Holland, Scotland, Belgium and Russia - 1st (Auto) and 2nd (Qualifying Round 1)

All other smaller nations Champions should all start from qualifying round 3.

This idea would benefit the small nations while at the same time keeping the big nations happy. you might see Lithuania Champions face Hungary Champions in qualifying round 3 so that means one of them will go through. you might see 4th from england and 4th from spain face each other in qualifying round 1 so that may eliminate a place for one of the big nations BUT they do have one chance to make it. if they can't handle it, then tough luck. With this format, the smaller nations have more of a chance and the lower placed teams in the big leagues playing each other in qualifying round 1 may take away a big nation spot right there.

Who agrees with me

2. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

i agree with that completely

3. C.Ronaldo

C.Ronaldo Key Squad player

I agree with you FatFrank