Reds At Full Strenth

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Lennon 18, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Lennon 18

Lennon 18 DYC Key Squad player

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">United have an injury-free squad for Tuesday night's Champions League second round, first leg clash with Lille.

Edwin van der Sar has recovered from the broken nose he sustained at Tottenham and will be fit to reclaim his starting berth from Tomasz Kuszczak.

A delighted Sir Alex Ferguson revealed: "Everyone's fit. The goalkeeper's fit. I've got 23 players with me, so it's a blessing.

"We've shown a good consistency so far because the team has grown together. You get challenges as you go along, and tomorrow night is one of those challenges."

The abundant squad were put through their paces at RC Lens' training ground on Monday evening amid concerns over the pitch at the Stade Felix Bollaert, Tuesday night's venue.

Those concerns were played down, however, as Sir Alex claimed: "It's not a big problem. It's more important that the pitch is good to play on tomorrow. Lille have recognised that and UEFA have recognised that."

United face Lille for the second consecutive season, having endured two frustrating Group D games against Les Dogues in last season's disappointing European campaign.

Sir Alex admitted that Claude Puel's team have improved from last year, and is wary of the resolute nature inherent in Lille as a football team and a city</div>

Source - Manchester United Official Web Site

I dont think Lille could stop United even if they did have a couple of injuries in the team.