UEFA Cup Referee from Russia

Discussion in 'Europe' started by krustie, Feb 22, 2007.

1. krustie

krustie DYC 1st team Reserves

I'd like to point out that the Russian ref was outstanding tonight in the Newcastle v Zulte Waregem match. His intervention in the play was appropriately restrained, and he allowed the game to flow naturally. I, as a 3-rd party viewer with the advantage of action replays agreed withevery decision he made.

It seems to me that presently, ref's only get mentioned if someone is having a whinge - not that ref's don't have bad performances just as players can have off-days. But why should'nt refs get plaudits when they have a good performance, just as a striker does when he scores a hat-trick?

2. gibberingfool

gibberingfool DYC 1st team Reserves

the best refs are the ones no one talks about, let the game flow and not be the centre of attention.

After all I am pretty sure the paying support have not paid the inflated prices to watch the ref!!

3. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

<div class="quote_poster">gibberingfool Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">the best refs are the ones no one talks about.

After all I am pretty sure the paying support have not paid the inflated prices to watch the ref!!</div>

What about Pierluigi Collina.
    [​IMG]