What should Be Lille's Punnishment?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by leeroy85, Feb 23, 2007.

1. leeroy85

leeroy85 DYC 1st team Reserves

I'm a Liverpool fan- and yes, I've poked a little fun at United for their controversial goal. To be honest, I don't know if it is legit or not- probably was, don't know... and really, the ref said it was a goal- so it's a goal. You do no favours by protesting a decision once it has been given. I've never yet seen a goal given or card given during a match that has been rescinded by a ref because players complained.

**I really don't want to argue the legitimacy of the goal so please don't- because that's not the issue at hand**

The refs decision stands and should always stand. You can't go changing games after the fact without completely upsetting the whole system. Sometimes refs get it right- sometimes they get it wrong. It's a sport- and a difficult job to be 100% perfect at.

The fact does remain- that Lille did excessively complain and did begin to walk off the pitch and should be punished. If I were the one handing out the punishment I know what I would consider the correct one for this instance.

Yellow card for each player who began to walk off the pitch. (then of course there would be the mandatory fine for picking up more than 6 yellow cards in one game).

This may sound draconian- but really it is not. It's actually quite standard. A yellow card is the usual punishment for dissent. The fact that half a team dissented doesn't mean they should get off any lighter.

Anything less than this will be just a slap on the wrist. Why do I care as a Liverpool fan? Because if Lille get away with this- we could all face this sort of petulant game spoiling in the future- I'd hate for Lille to start a trend.

We should all hope that Lille is justly punished.

2. reven

reven DYC Squad Backup player

nothing. let them go unpunished. united will kick them out of europe so uefa dont have to do anything. i'd be mighty shocked if united lose against lille.

3. dycben

dycben DYC 1st team Reserves

My position on this is, if they didnt want to finish the game, then they shouldnt be able to finish the competition. Kick them out.

Football is a professional game, and should be treated with respect by all involved in it. Sure players spit their dummy out all the time, thats to be expected with what is sometimes at stake and the emotion involved. But to actually have the audacity to walk off a pitch during a CL game is dispicable. There are plenty of teams who envy the position they are in. Get them out.

4. b0o

b0o DYC Squad Backup player

UEFA should come down hard, otherwise the "smaller" teams in European football will think they can get away with it.
    The stadium was a disgrace and the pitch was a disgrace, the referees decision is FINAL.

Lille's walk off must of been pre=motivated because from the kickoff they kicked the ball straight out, this isn't American football where you have a time out, The Coach responsible for calling the players off should of been sent to the stands and sacked, UEFA should come down hard. But UEFA hate English teams, if it was Barcelona, Lille would of already been kicked out

5. united4life

united4life DYC Squad Backup player

Lilles punishment should be to eat jellied eels or Black Pudding for a week and stay in a Yates Wine lodge when they come back for the 2nd leg. [​IMG]

6. Lennon 18

Lennon 18 DYC Key Squad player

There punishment should be another goal deducted from the United game so its 2-0 to United at the moment and Limited amount of fans at Champions League or Uefa Cup games and also the chairman or whatever at Lille should be fined for the French Police's actions when United fans climbed the fence to save thier lifes and so should the police where ever there from in France.

7. C.Ronaldo

C.Ronaldo Key Squad player

Lille's punishment should a 3-0 win for us in the first leg. They quit the game so it should be a 3-0 win for us. But i aint bothered cause we are going to win the home leg about 2 or 3 nil.

8. 2SHY

2SHY DYC Man Utd 4 the EPL/CL

<div class="quote_poster">C.Ronaldo Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Lille's punishment should a 3-0 win for us in the first leg. They quit the game so it should be a 3-0 win for us. But i aint bothered cause we are going to win the home leg about 2 or 3 nil.</div>

Exactly, they should deduct any the goals scored in that game so Man Utd can focus on the more important tasks.