Lionel Messi

Discussion in 'Football Discussion' started by biglips88, Mar 13, 2007.

1. biglips88

biglips88 DYC The Hammers

Lionel Messi is tipped to be a top player in a few years, however watching the Barcelona - Real Madrid match the other night i relised he is already a absolutly brilliant striker. So how good will he be in a few years. Any one agree???

2. Flight643

Flight643 DYC *********

With the right guideance and attitude he can become the best in the world. Rykjard has to be close attention to him and make sure his upbringing is well taken care of.

3. Lennon 18

Lennon 18 DYC Key Squad player

I defo agree he is only a kid and look what he can do. Him and C.Ronaldo will battle for player of the year in future IMO

4. Okocha#1

Okocha#1 DYC Serie A is corrupt!

I think Leo Messi is an awsome player. The only Argentinian who deserves the title of "Next Maradona". I mean, everytime a good footballer from Argentina emerges he gets accredited that tirle wrongfully. He is the only one that got me convinced he might actually be able to follow on Maradona's footsteps. The rest (Pablo Aimar, Andres D'alessandro, Riquelme, Tevez) are just avarage!

5. Lennon 18

Ive never classed Aimar, Riquelme, D'alessandro or Tevez as the next Maradona infact Ive never said that about Messi..

6. Okocha#1

Okocha#1 DYC Serie A is corrupt!

<div class="quote_poster">.67Lion Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Ive never classed Aimar, Riquelme, D'alessandro or Tevez as the next Maradona infact Ive never said that about Messi..</div>

I meant a lot of people do. They did that a lot with Aimar and Riquelme when they were first discovered. Maradona said himself that Messi can be able to surpass him as a footballer, he met him during the 2006 WC.

7. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

<div class="quote_poster">Flight643 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">With the right guideance and attitude he can become the best in the world. Rykjard has to be close attention to him and make sure his upbringing is well taken care of.</div>

Agreed there is no doubt he will be the next Maradona.

8. Lennon 18

<div class="quote_poster">Okocha#1 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I meant a lot of people do. They did that a lot with Aimar and Riquelme when they were first discovered. Maradona said himself that Messi can be able to surpass him as a footballer, he met him during the 2006 WC.</div>

I know.. Im just saying I didnt...

9. United4ever

United4ever DYC Manchester United's son

He will not be the next Maradona. He will be and always be Lionel Messi. He is hes own player and I'm sure he wouldn't like to be always compared to Maradona cuz he has a class of his own.

10. Lennon 18

<div class="quote_poster">United4ever Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">He will not be the next Maradona. He will be and always be Lionel Messi. He is hes own player and I'm sure he wouldn't like to be always compared to Maradona cuz he has a class of his own.</div>

I guess this guy is right If some interviewer came up to me and said "Your being compared to the one and only Diego Maradona" I would be like " Maradona.. There only one BEGGSY, Im gonna be greater than him"

11. chopper

chopper DYC GUNNNERS TILLL I DIEEEEE

would you say Messi is more a centre forward or a striker?

12. DragonSlayer

DragonSlayer DYC Squad Backup player

you only just found out, man he has always had potential when i first saw him play, i knew he would turn inot a star, but only recentaly he has been declared the next marradona, they said that bout arca when he moved to sudnerland, when they were winning, now look at him.

13. chispi562

chispi562 DYC Man U

he has to win a world cup before he even gets mentioned with Maradona. Plus Maradona played in Argentina. Messi was nurtured through Barca's amazing youth camp. Regardless, i agree he is playing bad ass and is one the young beasts out there playing football. It will be an honor to see him and giovanni on the same pitch in the future.