American Involvement in English Football

Discussion in 'England' started by naruto, Apr 19, 2007.

1. naruto

naruto DYC 1st team Reserves

Hello all, I have been wondering for somtime how those in the UK feel regarding American ownership in a league with clubs whose history seems to go on over the last century. We in the states dont have so much beyond corporations with that kind of history[​IMG]

I just read an article regarding the Arsenal chairman leaving the club and this apparently some issue in the outcome. Recently American investors purchased liverpool after much hoorah about other possible foreign investors.

Now I watch Premiership games all week as possible and I love English football. Having said that I would also state that I love the league and the fact that there are so many of the best players in the world and most are not English (at least none of my favorites). The Premiership is in my opinion the best INTERNATIONAL league in the world.

This really intrests me and you just dont know how I envy you who can watch this class of the game locally! Looking forward to your responses.

2. united4life

united4life DYC Squad Backup player

Hey, no offence to the Americans why they do this is because of money! It might be a growing sport in the USA but money is the real factor. All in all i reckon some how americans and english willhave to work together as it might become something being done on a regular bases. I am not happy because they should just buy teams in their own countries, Man Utd have been put in to debt because of Glazer but they are surviving due to their control over finances.

3. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

I don't mind at all - I hope it gets more Americans interested in the game. I think the money men are more interested in the commercial opportunities but I am sure there are a lot of American people willing to be converted into fans out there.

4. neo

neo DYC Squad Backup player

with david beckham moving to the usa i believe he will atract enough fans into the sport without the need for americans to take over clubs when their not wanted

message to american billionaires f.u.c.k off [​IMG]

5. Lennon 18

Lennon 18 DYC Key Squad player

It doesnt bother me as long as the yanks do try to mess up the game and take away club rituals...