Dan Morgan gets a 5 year extension

Discussion in 'NFC South' started by panthersare#1, Aug 17, 2005.

1. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Pro Bowl MLB Dan Morgan got a 5 year extension on his contract. He is a Drew Rosenhaus client that decided to not holdout to get a extension. This is great news for the panthers because Will Witherspoon is also in the last year of his contract and him and Dan Morgan are best friends, so it will be easier to sign witherspoon.

2. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Good thing they got that done. He is a good LB and is a leader on that team. If he can stay healthy he is a Pro Bowl type player. Good job by the Panthers.

3. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I went to the last 30 minutes to the panthers training camp today because i was near by. And Will and Dan and their wives looked like they were heading to lunch. I read in the newspaper that Will witherspoon doesnt want to go to a different team as Dan

4. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

finally i nice Drew Rosenhaus client and it worked Drew probably told him to hold out training game. Too nice of a guy to do that

5. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

I think the Panthers needed him to make the playoffs. hes a leader and will be the future for the Panthers. I say theyll win the SB during the 5 years.

6. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Dan Morgan did it the way you should get a extension, go to camp and prove that your worth it. He didnt bash the team, he kept it on the down low, and just asked the GM to extend his contract because he wants to stay a panther.

The guys that are holding out need to learn that it usally doesnt work. Boldin got in camp and said he wanted a extension and got one also.

7. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

exactly Coachs and owners like nice players who can really help their team win and help team chemistry. Holding out does niether. Thats why its more effective to do what Morgan and Boldin did.

8. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Everytime I hear the name "Dan Morgan," I get a picture of Favre stiff arming him to the ground and messing up his ankle...

Was that his rookie year when that happened? I forget...

9. crazybacon

crazybacon nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>Everytime I hear the name "Dan Morgan," I get a picture of Favre stiff arming him to the ground and messing up his ankle...

Was that his rookie year when that happened? I forget...</div>

i think it was his rookie year...however, it was the turf that messed up his ankle...they had been having problems that year with the turf, and when morgan planted his foot to pursue favre, the turf gave way and his ankle just went all sorts of sideways...favre just happened to stick his arm out at the same time...

10. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Not according to this article:
    http://www.detnews.com/2001/lions/0110/02/sports-307047.htm

Here's a snippet...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Favre shook off two early interceptions to lead the Packers to 28 unanswered points and their seventh straight victory dating back to last season.

And he showed flashes of his younger self, using a stiff arm to shake off Dan Morgan's sack attempt -- a move that sidelined the rookie linebacker for 4-6 weeks with a broken left leg.

"The old man still can do it. I hate to see someone get hurt, but if you can't outrun them, you have to do something," Favre said.</div>

11. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

that was when he was a rookie, now he is a pro bowl linebacker

12. crazybacon

crazybacon nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>Not according to this article:
    http://www.detnews.com/2001/lions/0110/02/sports-307047.htm

Here's a snippet...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Favre shook off two early interceptions to lead the Packers to 28 unanswered points and their seventh straight victory dating back to last season.

And he showed flashes of his younger self, using a stiff arm to shake off Dan Morgan's sack attempt -- a move that sidelined the rookie linebacker for 4-6 weeks with a broken left leg.

"The old man still can do it. I hate to see someone get hurt, but if you can't outrun them, you have to do something," Favre said.</div></div>

if favre hadn't stiff armed, maybe he wouldn't have needed to plant his leg, but the stiff arm in and of itself didn't injure him...it was the turf

http://www.packersnews.com/welcome/to/pack_1234229.shtml

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>At least one injury ? to Panthers rookie linebacker Dan Morgan ? was blamed on the field. He broke his tibia in the second quarter when he slipped after Favre stiff-armed him. Morgan said he broke the bone in his leg when he planted on a bad spot on the field.</div>