Mourinho Plans To Mellow Out

Discussion in 'England' started by Safc-Jim, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Safc-Jim

Safc-Jim DYC Mole!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has vowed to take a calmer approach to management this season.

The Portuguese tactician has never been out of the spotlight at Stamford Bridge since arriving at the club in the summer of 2004.

Mourinho has courted controversy during his time in charge at Chelsea with a number of high-profile spats with the likes of Arsene Wenger, Rafa Benitez and Sir Alex Ferguson.

The former Porto chief is determined to shed his bad-boy image and he insists he will be more mellow in the new season.

"I want to be more mellow this year," Mourinho told The Sun. "I am what I am but, at the same time, people use my personality to create something that is not true.

"It is normal if I am emotional or if I react to something that is not fair.

"But people have an image of me that's incorrect and now I want it to be different.

"I won't hug Arsene Wenger because he's not a close friend. But he can say what he wants about us.

"He can complain about a lot of things as he did in the past. I'm not ready to react. I just want to do my work and concentrate on that.

"I look at our opponents because I need to know the way they play but I'm not interested in what they say.

"My relationships with other people will not change. My bottle of wine with Ferguson will still be a bottle of wine, my handshake with Wenger will still be a handshake."

Mourinho also reiterated the fact that he is content with life at Chelsea and is in no hurry to leave the club.

"This is the first time I have started a fourth season with the same club and I feel great," added Mourinho. "I am happy with what we've done.

"I am happy with the relationship I have with my players and with the people who work with me. It's the best place to work so I am happy to be part of the Chelsea future. I didn't want to move.

"I think I did a good job at Chelsea for three years but I want to do more.

"I am loved in Portugal but my life is better in London.

"The way people approach me is different. In London, you have more space. My life is a simple life." </div>

This should be interesting, wonder how long he'll keep it up for [​IMG]