THE WEAK EAST?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by ilovereggie31, Feb 13, 2003.

1. ilovereggie31

ilovereggie31 JBB JustBBall Member

The weakEast Well, how shallow that victory must have been for the almighty Lakers last year when they won against that weak East.And, it still very much remains to be seen who will come out of the West, no matter what things might be looking like for the dynamic duo right now, anything can, and will, happen in the NBA, so I guessl it'd be prudent at this juncture so see how things play out!!!!!!!
    Well, we'll just see how things go now, and let the one with the biggest mouths, eat the BIGGEST CROW!!!!!!!
    :shock:

2. Online

Online JBB JustBBall Member

yes. Agree

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

The east is stronger this season and is more exciting than past years...

4. Ito

Ito JBB JustBBall Member

<font color="darkred">The East is NOT weak, but any team from the east doesn't have a chance against the Lakers or Kings in a 7 game series. And when it comes down to the bottom line, that's all that matters.</font>

5. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

When you have to start Z & Brad Miller in the All Star game because there is a lack of big men in your conference then I would have to say the East is weak.

6. magic1892

magic1892 JBB JustBBall Member

Thats the obvious difference between the two conferences. The east needs to bulk up in order to compete with the west. The east is only weak in this area (albeit a very important area), hopefully a few quality big men will make the cross conference trip at the end of the year. The east can compete with the west during the season but we will find it hard to defeat a lakers or a kings team over a seven games series.

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

If any east team could get a game off kings or lakers in the finals would be the bucks because of the firepower they have.One of the top three-point shooters....allen,redd,cassell,thomas and even kukoc all can shoot the ball really well.

8. magic1892

magic1892 JBB JustBBall Member

I think that there are a number of eastern teams who could win a game in a series against the lakers or the kings. The pistons and the pacers for example...neither will win the series but they could take a game or two.

9. Ito

Ito JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I think that there are a number of eastern teams who could win a game in a series against the lakers or the kings. The pistons and the pacers for example...neither will win the series but they could take a game or two.</div>

<font color="darkred">Yea, but that won't get them the championship.</font>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">When you have to start Z & Brad Miller in the All Star game because there is a lack of big men in your conference then I would have to say the East is weak.</div>

<font color="darkred">Yeah, maybe they are weak inside, but the East is filled with talent on the guards section; Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter, Ray Allen, Jason Kidd, and the list keeps on, do I really have to list them all for you?</font>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">If any east team could get a game off kings or lakers in the finals would be the bucks because of the firepower they have.One of the top three-point shooters....allen,redd,cassell,thomas and even kukoc all can shoot the ball really well.</div>

<font color="darkred">Actually, IMO, the Pacers have the best chance.

... 8) </font>

10. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

The West is filled with talent, too though. I was just pointing out why the East is weak. And it's because they don't have as many talented big men in the west.

Kobe, Francis, Marbury, Nash, Dre Miller, Bibby, Christie, Finley ...

11. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The East is by no means "weak". They have by far the best guards in the NBA today. The West however has the most talented big-men. I do think the West is the better confrence but the East is not weak. They have soem of the best shooters in the game today.

Its a trade off:

guard dominace vs. big men dominance

12. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

the esat IS weak however when u compare it to the west. you want guards? they have marbury kobe and francis among others. no east team will win a series against the kings or mavs this year but i would agree that if anyone could its one of the three shooting teams like the bucks or the celtics. unfortyunatley neither of those guys look like teheir going to the finals right now