Basketball Player disrespecting the flag

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by Hunter, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

2. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

lol u too good to read my article lol j/k

3. CigarBoy

CigarBoy JBB JustBBall Member

Tonit Smith

I think her problem started at home. She was missing the parental instruction that should have taught her respect for the country, school and her team. She probably needed to be spanked a lot more when she was young.

4. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I agree CigarBoy, I believe this started with her and her family when she was young. Her parents didnt teach her morals like they should have.

5. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

all i can do is shake my head. sick isnt even the word. its more like................. PATHETIC

6. go_duke21

go_duke21 JBB JustBBall Member

i think u r all pathetic, its a free country and she has the right to do that if she does not agree with what George Bush is doing.

"They misunderestimated me."
    George W. Bush

im sure glad i dont live in America

u can get more great quotes of Bush making himself look stupid at
    http://supak.com/bush.htm

7. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

i think u r pathetic, just like she has rights so do we so i suggest u make sense next time u state facts

8. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<font color="red">Please stop the insults. What she is doing is completely legal, though may not a gree with it let her do what she wants. She is allowed to do just like you are allowed to criticize her for doing it </font>

9. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

that's what I'm sayin so who is duke to come and insult us tho? he said it plain and clear she has rights and so do we so why insult us? i'm not flamin or bein mean i'm just sayin what he said a minute ago he called us pathetic and we used the rights she had why insult?

10. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce":</div><div class="quote_post">that's what I'm sayin so who is duke to come and insult us tho? he said it plain and clear she has rights and so do we so why insult us? i'm not flamin or bein mean i'm just sayin what he said a minute ago he called us pathetic and we used the rights she had why insult?</div>

I agree with you I was telling him to quit the insults and get back on topic

11. go_duke21

my pathetic comment was directed more so towards the ppl that were making comments about her upbringing. i should have made that more clear

12. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

Ok duke thank you for clearing that up, I thought you were insulting other posters

13. go_duke21

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">From my experience with athletes, I can promise you that there are college players out there -- not to mention more than a few pros -- who couldn't even tell you the name of the Vice President, much less make a political statement. I'd be far more concerned about them than Toni Smith.

</div>After all, at least Smith has a social conscience. To many athletes, the big picture is no bigger than their playing field, but Smith sees much more than that. She apparently uses her brain to try to figure out more than her shooting percentage. We should spend less time bashing her for what she thinks, and save more of our anger for those athletes who don't think at all.

taken from cnnsi.com

14. go_duke21

oops, the other paragraph is supposed to be in quotes too

15. SCBrian

SCBrian JBB JustBBall Member

"im sure glad i dont live in America "

i sure hope you don't live in canada...

16. go_duke21

i do so deal with it

17. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

There are better ways to protest than to disrespect the flag. I see her as being a hypocrite, most protesters are. If you really want to protest this war, then don't drive your car. Don't heat your house, don't attend school, and don't use any benefits the US government offers you.

She is protesting in a very immature way.

18. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "shapecity":</div><div class="quote_post">There are better ways to protest than to disrespect the flag. I see her as being a hypocrite, most protesters are. If you really want to protest this war, then don't drive your car. Don't heat your house, don't attend school, and don't use any benefits the US government offers you.

She is protesting in a very immature way.</div>

But this war isn't completely based on oil. many people use that as an excuse to give reasoning for war. The main reason for this war is Bush feels we need to eliminate any possible threats to our country. However I don't understand how eliminating Hussein will help. When he is done we will rebuold there country spending billions and after a few years another dictator will come to power.

19. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Oil is a major variable. Obviously not the only one. But many of the protesters feel we are going in SOLELY to control oil.

US is proactive and we want to insure our children don't grow up in fear and with 9/11 events being a daily occurence.

BC I think we both agree on this topic. I just wanted to point out her hypocricy.

Hopefully we can avoid war.

20. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

I understand, I think we do agree. I just wanted to bring up the point that it is not soley on oil like many people believe. I disagree with what she is doing but let her be, it dos you no good to insult her. It justs gives her more reason to keep going! I am as most of you probably have implied am against this war and don't think it will acheive anything. After this one we'll have another and another after that another. An endless cycle of fighting. And in the meantime we will be building their countries back up instead of spending the money helping homelss or the education. But instead we will be buolding up a country that will end up attempting to hurt us in the future. Another point is, how does anyone know we are guaranteed victory. We have the wweapons and army, but so did Briatin in the Revolutionary War. These people no the area they will be fightiong in. Bombs will only get you so far some action must be taken by troops.