Lamar Odom?

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by twolvefan11, Jun 30, 2003.

1. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

If Grant Hill isn't going to work out for the Orlando Magic, how about Lamar Odom? "If things broke perfectly, there are some good things that could happen for us," coach Doc Rivers said in the Florida Today. "But certain teams out there have to act normal and that's kind of scary for us right now." With Hill expected to miss the upcoming season, the Magic could have three salary-cap exceptions available to sign free agents: the $4.8 million medical exception for Hill, the $4.8 million mid-level exception and the $1.5 million veteran's exception. "We still have a chance to look like a very young team with the acquisition of one or two more players that are in their age group, that can play together for the next 10 years. That would be tremendous for us," GM John Gabriel said in the Orlando Sentinel. "We always believed that Grant Hill, in good faith, would be back. So we put our finger in the dam with [Patrick] Ewing and Horace [Grant] and Shawn [Kemp]. Now we're taking the approach that, at this point, Grant won't be back and that maybe it's not the best thing" to sign an older veteran. It hasn't worked as well for us."

2. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

I dont think they should they have giricek and gaines can play some sg. They should sign someone to lay dow low with gooden to help him out.

3. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "raptors21":</div><div class="quote_post">I dont think they should they have giricek and gaines can play some sg. They should sign someone to lay dow low with gooden to help him out.</div>

i agree. i think odom if he's healthy and has rid his problems then he could be good, but i'd rather get a good center than a good guard.

4. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

go after jermaine o'neal

5. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

either make jermaine o neal play center or sign olawakandi.

6. Truemaster14

Truemaster14 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "J-MAC":</div><div class="quote_post">go after jermaine o'neal</div>

In the newspaper it said we have no chance at Jermaine O'neal.

7. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

don't believe everything u hear trumaster, we are still 1 of jermaine's top 3 choices.(indiana and san antonio) i think we still have a chance to get him, even though the paper says no.