Kobe to Stand Trial

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Mamba, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2003Oct20.html

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">EAGLE, Colo. -- NBA star Kobe Bryant must stand trial on a charge of raping a 19-year-old resort worker, a judge ruled Monday, clearing the way for a celebrity trial the likes of which hasn't been seen since O.J. Simpson.

Eagle County Judge Frederick Gannett said prosecutors presented enough evidence Bryant might have committed the crime June 30. The Los Angeles Lakers guard could face a life sentence if convicted.

His next appearance, in district court, is set for Nov. 10. </div>

2. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

I hope everything turns out ok.

3. Ice

Ice JBB Member

Wow. Im not too suprised, but this will be one long season for Kobe. The longer this case goes on, the worse it looks for Kobe and the NBA.

4. Mamba

i think he will get off, its a waste of time, wasnt the chick like the neighborhood whore or something? they found a white mans pubic hair in her unddies and another mans DNA in it

5. the MDE

the MDE JBB JustBBall Member

I expected this. Well, good luck to Kobe, if he is innocent then good, but I just want him to play bball as much as possible..

6. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting the MDE:</div><div class="quote_post">I expected this. Well, good luck to Kobe, if he is innocent then good, but I just want him to play bball as much as possible..</div>

i agree, atleast the L.A. fans will give him support, the other fans will be all over him, but the truth is, that the court is his only sanctuary besides his house right now.

7. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting VAs Finest:</div><div class="quote_post">i think he will get off, its a waste of time, wasnt the chick like the neighborhood whore or something? they found a white mans pubic hair in her unddies and another mans DNA in it</div>

Its a bit more complicated than that. Her entire sexual and medical history cannot be used against her because of rape-shield laws. She admitted that she has had sex with three different guys, in the three nights leading up to the night she had sex with Kobe. Those hairs could be from one of the other guys. Also, those hairs alone cannot get Kobe off for rape.

Im not shocked that this is going to trial, I'm more shocked at the fact that Kobe's defense team didnt skip the preliminary hearings and go straight to trial.

8. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dexter:</div><div class="quote_post">Its a bit more complicated than that. Her entire sexual and medical history cannot be used against her because of rape-shield laws. She admitted that she has had sex with three different guys, in the three nights leading up to the night she had sex with Kobe. Those hairs could be from one of the other guys. Also, those hairs alone cannot get Kobe off for rape.

Im not shocked that this is going to trial, I'm more shocked at the fact that Kobe's defense team didnt skip the preliminary hearings and go straight to trial.</div>

i guess kobes attorney's feel they could of broken the case down and i think they might of weekend it, so dex do u think he is going to get of our not, i havent seen you give a straight up answer, im just wondering.

9. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting VAs Finest:</div><div class="quote_post">i guess kobes attorney's feel they could of broken the case down and i think they might of weekend it, so dex do u think he is going to get of our not, i havent seen you give a straight up answer, im just wondering.</div>

I think Kobe will get off on a technicality. His lawyers are immpeccable. Mackey will get him off. I think it is going to be nearly impossible to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that Kobe raped her.

10. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting VAs Finest:</div><div class="quote_post">i agree, atleast the L.A. fans will give him support, the other fans will be all over him</div>

I want him to get off and I wish him the best. Besides, if the Lakers lose this season, they will blame it on the Kobe trial. :bigthumbu

11. Mamba

lol that was funny but that is not right lol

12. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting VAs Finest:</div><div class="quote_post">i think he will get off, its a waste of time, wasnt the chick like the neighborhood whore or something? they found a white mans pubic hair in her unddies and another mans DNA in it</div>Give her some ****ing credit. Remember, she is the alleged victim. I hope that she is lying but I ain't gonna call her a whore when she could have been raped.

13. How_High78

How_High78 JBB JustBBall Member

Nothing shown so far has cleared Kobe and if this didn't go to trial People would forever doubt him. He'd be just like OJ. People think he did it and wherever he goes he has to live with that. I truly hope that Kobe did not do it and that he is proven innocent beyond a shadow of a doubt. The only way for that to happen is through a trial or a confession by the alleged victim that she made the whole thing up. Since the latter isn?t likely to happen on with the trial.

14. the MDE

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting twolvefan11:</div><div class="quote_post"> Besides, if the Lakers lose this season, they will blame it on the Kobe trial. </div>

Well yeah, if we did lose, it WOULD be because of the trial. Wouldn't you do the same thing if KG were on trial?

15. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

I don't know, probably not. I don't blame the whole entire season on an absence of one person, granted it is Garnett. But look who else we have. They are all capable of scoring. So I don't think I would try to use it as an excuse. That's just me though.

16. the MDE

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting twolvefan11:</div><div class="quote_post">But look who else we have. They are all capable of scoring. So I don't think I would try to use it as an excuse. That's just me though.</div>

And look who the Lakers have. Payton, Malone, Shaq, and heck, even Slava prolly averages the most shots per minute in the NBA LOL.. But the Lakers could lose Kobe, who is their franchise player (along with Shaq of course)

If the Wolves lost KG, it would not be a good deal. Franchise players are the guys that get the ball in the clutch and draw the double-teams, and bring fans to the stadium. Anyways, this whole thing is off-topic. Let's get back on track.

17. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

KG has got it done in the clutch? lol, had to go there.

Kobe is in bad shape, even out of shape for that matter. For him to have this bad reaction there is no way that he just cheated on his wife, it does seem that it would take a lot more than that.

18. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting the MDE:</div><div class="quote_post">Well yeah, if we did lose, it WOULD be because of the trial. Wouldn't you do the same thing if KG were on trial?</div>Spoken like a true Lakers fan. [​IMG]
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting twolvefan11:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't know, probably not. I don't blame the whole entire season on an absence of one person, granted it is Garnett. But look who else we have. They are all capable of scoring. So I don't think I would try to use it as an excuse. That's just me though.</div>Spoken like a true fan.[​IMG] I feel the same way. You can't blame an entire season on a player, no matter how good they are. I could see maybe Mcgrady, but thats it. If the Lakers can't get it done without Kobe, then they don't deserve it.