Should Dallas have a new big 3?

Discussion in 'Dallas Mavericks' started by dee still ballin, Nov 4, 2003.

1. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/headline_b.asp?pr=

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    The Big 3 need to become Dirk, Nash, and WALKER, based on what is seen so far. Walker seems to fit much better than Finley, despite Michael?s bust-out game Saturday in the pounding of the Jazz. Those 3 should be the basic core to build around going forward. They are young enough players and they are unique enough talents to merit that honor. Tough-call here, and because it is knee-jerk, I reserve the right to take it back, but, here goes: Everyone else might need to be expendable, maybe even including Finley and Jamison, to get that over-the-top Big Man, if such a player became available before mid-February?s trade deadline
    </div>

I dont care what NOBODY says. FINLEY is the backbone of that team. Hes been there since rock bottom, hes the leader, hell if it wasnt for him last season we would have lost worse than we did to SA. Keep Fin in the big three.

2. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

If I were the Mavs, I would try and trade Jamison for a decent center. There is no way they get out of the West with Dirk playing the 5.

3. SuperDirkFan

SuperDirkFan JBB JustBBall Member

mavs are loaded with trade bait right now and either jamison, walker, or finley needs to be traded asap or this team just won't work

if they can't get a decent center they should get a leader and somebody who can keep the scorers on track

i hear finley called the leader a lot but i just don't see it, i don't think that much of nelson either, too bad they didn't make a go for van gundy when they had the chance

4. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting SuperDirkFan:</div><div class="quote_post">mavs are loaded with trade bait right now and either jamison, walker, or finley needs to be traded asap or this team just won't work
    </div>Walker fits in too nicely here. There is no way they trade him. Jamison and Finely are options.

5. How_High78

How_High78 JBB JustBBall Member

Who are these over-the-top big men? I've heard the Antonio Davis and...somebody for Jamison. It might work well but I'm not sure that I'd call AD over the top. It's easy to say "go get a really great big man" but who? there aren't that many out there and there's only one Shaq. I'm not saying that there aren't options but... who?

6. VCarter

VCarter JBB JustBBall Member

I think they should give Jamison a chance he's still making a big change from the core of the team to a bench warmer so I think they should wait a bit more and Nash and Jamison work pretty good with each other but one perso that should be traded is nash for another point guard I mean Delk's fitting really good in Mavs too