Nflpa T.O Might Play?

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by McChicken5, Nov 9, 2005.

1. McChicken5

McChicken5 nfl-*****s member

According to the NFLPA they say that eagles wr T.O should be aloud to play in 05. They say that the most games T.O could be suspended for is 1 and that was the washington game. Eagles then sent out a message stating that T.O was only suspended for the washing ton game
    Read It Yourself

2. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

Whatever happens, it makes no difference. The Eagles front office made it clear that whether they are paying him or not, he's not playing on their team.

[​IMG]

3. McChicken5

well this may force the eagles to either release him or trade him. Those are the choices.

4. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

He wont play. That is a basic fact. If they force eagles to take him back. they just use him as tackling dummy at practice. and sit him on game day

5. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

I hope nobody takes him. I dont think anyone will, not this late in the season, the only teams that may take him are ones with offensive problems and aren;t a millions miles away from making the playoffs and a team that comes to mind are the ravens, and I can not see that happening after what they went through with T.O

6. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (McChicken5)</div><div class='quotemain'>well this may force the eagles to either release him or trade him. Those are the choices.</div>

I don't think they will keep him until offseason then trade him when they could just release him and save some cap for next season. Also, his value doesn't look so high either.

7. ranman

ranman nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (McChicken5)</div><div class='quotemain'>well this may force the eagles to either release him or trade him. Those are the choices.</div>

The trade deadline has already past and the only option for this season is to cut him.

8. Wannab Favre

Nobody wants him. Listening to that apology I think he knows it too!

9. Bearsfan1

That and let him rot on rsoter. They can have him come to practice and jsut use him for tackling drills. Dont have to activate him, dont have to let him play, can just hold him till offseason, and try and trade, or just make him sit out until his contract expires. Or they can release him. But, why would you release him without adequate compensation? You can just wait him out for next 5 years leaving him inactive and ruining his career

10. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

KJ said it best.

[​IMG]

11. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

The NFLPA is just being stupid. Why would the Eagles cut Turd and let him become a free agent? So he can go to another contending team and help them beat the Eagles? As long as they are paying Turd, I don't see why they have to let him anywhere near the locker room either.

12. Wannab Favre

Yeah they may not get to suspend him for four games but they can just deactivate him for every game. It is gone beyond money matters at this stage. They are teaching this guy a lesson

13. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

What are the salary cap ramifications if the Eagles cut him? Wouldn't they take a gigantic hit on the salary cap next year because of accelerated signing bonuses, etc.?

They might just sit on him for the rest of his contract or until they can get him to re-negotiate it to lessen the cap hit. I hope they deactivate him for the rest of the year, suspension or not.

14. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I wonder which GMs would actually risk signing him?

15. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>What are the salary cap ramifications if the Eagles cut him? Wouldn't they take a gigantic hit on the salary cap next year because of accelerated signing bonuses, etc.?

They might just sit on him for the rest of his contract or until they can get him to re-negotiate it to lessen the cap hit. I hope they deactivate him for the rest of the year, suspension or not.</div>

He has big roster bonus next season, so they may have to cut him to avoid paying him that, but still it would be after july 1 when no one has cap room anyway

16. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

screw them why didnt they say anything when the Bucs did this to Keyshawn. they probably did but it certainly didnt help. TO will not play again this year the Eagles will not cut him due to salery issues and they will definatly not play him. They'll probably trade him to like the Falcons or something...

17. McChicken5

definetly not the falcons, not only is that micheal vicks team, but the O-Fense Cordinator was the Cordinator for SF when T.O was there. From what i have heard, the top 3 teams most likley to sign him would be, miami, Dallas, and Broncos. We will see

18. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (McChicken5)</div><div class='quotemain'>definetly not the falcons, not only is that micheal vicks team, but the O-Fense Cordinator was the Cordinator for SF when T.O was there. From what i have heard, the top 3 teams most likley to sign him would be, miami, Dallas, and Broncos. We will see</div>

I saw that feature on ESPN last night too, but I think that it was pure speculation and not insider information.

19. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wannab Favre)</div><div class='quotemain'>I hope nobody takes him. I dont think anyone will, not this late in the season, the only teams that may take him are ones with offensive problems and aren;t a millions miles away from making the playoffs and a team that comes to mind are the ravens, and I can not see that happening after what they went through with T.O</div>

TRUE DAT!!!

20. Hawk

Hawk nfl-*****s member

T.O probobly wont go to a bad team because he'll just open his mouth about how the team sucks [except for maybe the Packers, he did say a good thing about one of they're players and he isn't even on the team!]. The Eagles arn't as good without T.O and they probobly would've won against the Cowboys if they had him because Donovan McNabb would not have thrown that INT at the end of the game but it had to be done. It's interesting how everyone is now hateing on T.O after he got suspended but not before.