CMU Player Dies

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by Voodoo Child, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. -- Central Michigan basketball player Brent Edwards died from injuries sustained in an automobile accident, the university said Wednesday.

Edwards died Tuesday, a day after the crash about 30 miles west of Saginaw. The team was informed of Edwards' death while participating in the Maui Invitational in Lahaina, Hawaii. It began Monday.

The 21-year-old junior guard from Flushing was a walk-on to the team and one of a few players who did not travel to the tournament.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Brent's family," head coach Jay Smith said in a statement. "We wish we could be there with them right now."

The team planned to leave Hawaii on Thursday, returning to Michigan on Friday so members could attend Edwards' funeral Saturday in Flushing.</div>

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=1672264

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Thats very sad news,As you said thoughts and prayers go out to his family.Also Former Georgetown Hoya, Victor Page was shot and killed while sitting in his car in DC.That is just terrible...

3. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This is horrible news. My thoughts and prayers go out to his loved ones.