Trade Kwame

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Mamba, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Damn Kwame got 13 minutes last nite and in those 13 minutes he had 5 pts and 4 boards and also 4 fouls though...i think the only way he breaks out is on another team and i thnk he is gone by the all star break...i wouldnt mind a trade to help him break out...he just doesnt fit in the offense, we have hughes, arenas, and stack(when he comes back) taking all the shots...what teams could use a big man?

2. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Magic need a big man center!

3. Mamba

i think he could do good on the magic...i have givin up all hope for him hear in DC but i havent givin up hope on him

4. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

The mgaic would be throwing in the towel if they got kwame. They would haave to trade someone of quality, and would just make the MAgic worst for this season.

5. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

Kwame is not established, and has little trade value. Teams are not interested in skill and potential, players have to prove themselves before they can bring a good trade.

6. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trail_Blazer76:</div><div class="quote_post">Kwame is not established, and has little trade value. Teams are not interested in skill and potential, players have to prove themselves before they can bring a good trade.</div>

Says who?

Bulls trade Brand for Chandler is an example from that exact draft class.

As a Wizard 'fan' (watcher would be more accurate)... I know as soon as they trade him he will probably improve to some extent. To an AllStar? He still has time for the answer to be: To Be Determined.

7. notmuchgame

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trail_Blazer76:</div><div class="quote_post">Kwame is not established, and has little trade value. Teams are not interested in skill and potential, players have to prove themselves before they can bring a good trade.</div>

i disagree. Kwame will have trade value, and teams are interested in potential. If your statement were true, teams would never trade players on draft day.

8. Trail_Blazer76

Okay Purehoops, but when such a high draft pick ends up being a huge disappointment, it results in skepticism.

Kwame couldn't blossom under MJ's direction. Explain to me WHY you feel that a trade would help him more than Jordan could.

9. notmuchgame

Kwame would be better in a different setting where he can have a clean slate. Remember Jermaine O'neal? How bout Ricky Davis? Chancey Billups, Ben Wallace, Steve Nash, Michael Finely...the list goes on. All those guys struggled as a young player, changed uniforms, and found their game. I'm not saying that's whats going to happen with kwame, but it probably would be better if he had a new environment

10. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trail_Blazer76:</div><div class="quote_post">Okay Purehoops, but when such a high draft pick ends up being a huge disappointment, it results in skepticism.

Kwame couldn't blossom under MJ's direction. Explain to me WHY you feel that a trade would help him more than Jordan could.</div>

I never said Kwame wouldnt bring skepticism to teams. I was replying to the fact you said that teams do not trade for potiental. Teams actually do trade and sign on potiental.

And my last part of the post saying how he would blossum if he left washington was just more of a joke after Washington had Rasheed, Webber and Ben Wallace. Oh and I do think Jordan actually did more to hurt Kwame's phycie (sp?) than he did to help it.

11. Trail_Blazer76

^^True, Jordan was too rough on him. But I think that in an attempt to win games Jordan probably did try to help him too. Ultimately you're right, he'd probably become better if he left Washington, but stayed in the east.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">Kwame would be better in a different setting where he can have a clean slate. Remember Jermaine O'neal?</div>

Jermaine blossomed because he was given playing time after he was traded. Kwame is not playing behind the same caliber player that Jermaine was.

12. notmuchgame

You left out the rest of my list in your quote...

And when Jermaine did get the chance to play for the Blazers, he didn't play well. He just needed time to mature as a player.

13. Trail_Blazer76

Fine.

Steve Nash was playing behind Jason Kidd.

I'll admit that you might be right about Finley and Billups (I don't know as much about their background), but they dont really apply. I think that it is harder for a big man to blossom than it is for a guard.

However, your point about Big Ben is valid.

14. Mamba

I think the wizards should of brought Kwame along slowly like Detroit is with Darko...MJ and Collins really killed his confidence and he is just starting to rebuild it but 13 minutes in a game doesnt do anything to help your confidence

15. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

Just for the record, Michael Finely DID NOT struggle as a young player. He blossomed right away with Phoenix(averaging over 15 ppg, made all rookie 1st team), and was the reason Dallas even agreed to trade Kidd to the Suns.

I think Washington should trade Kwame, but not unless they get a real impact player in the post. How about Rasheed Wallace? He played with Stack at North Carolina, and he'd probably get along well with Haywood too. An All-UNC frontline would be kinda cool. And he'd bring instant O and rebounding to the team.

Of course, for that to happen the Wiz would probably have to throw in Jefferies or Whitney, someone to help offset the salary imbalance.