Eagles file tampering complaint against Cowboys

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by HAILMARY, Nov 27, 2005.

1. HAILMARY

HAILMARY nfl-*****s member

Puuuulllleeeezzzzz......How ridiculous. Yeah right, now we know why the eagles are so bad this year, pfffffffffft. I guess it really isn't the injuries OR the improvment of the other teams in the East, just tampering with T.O. thats got em down. They just can't let this thing with owens die can they? Check it out:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...s.1b105247.html

2. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HAILMARY)</div><div class='quotemain'>Puuuulllleeeezzzzz......How ridiculous. Yeah right, now we know why the eagles are so bad this year, pfffffffffft. I guess it really isn't the injuries OR the improvment of the other teams in the East, just tampering with T.O. thats got em down. They just can't let this thing with owens die can they? Check it out:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...s.1b105247.html</div>

Jerry broke rules, i think they should be banned from signing TO until 2007 season, should be penalized 2 draft picks, a 4th and a 6th.

3. HAILMARY

Whether or not he broke the rules is yet to be decided and speculating is just that, speculating. If he did it, fine him then, but I dont see TO here at all. I bet philly keeps him, being he's the best talent they have(had) at the present. thier teams demise was inevitable anyway, after blowing thier chances for all these years while everyone in the east stunk..... I see they came back and beat the 2-9 packers.....congrats

4. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HAILMARY)</div><div class='quotemain'>Whether or not he broke the rules is yet to be decided and speculating is just that, speculating. If he did it, fine him then, but I dont see TO here at all. I bet philly keeps him, being he's the best talent they have(had) at the present. thier teams demise was inevitable anyway, after blowing thier chances for all these years while everyone in the east stunk..... I see they came back and beat the 2-9 packers.....congrats</div>
    It is not speculation at all. It is fact. He mentioned TO by name as someone to bring to Dallas. That is tampering. Dont fine him, penalize team, byt taking away draft picks.

5. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

I guess I would have to read the verbage of the rules again. I believe the main intent was to keep clubs from showing premature interest in players that would become free-agents at season's end. In that case, it would help the player gauge market interest and would hurt the club, especially if they were trying to re-negotiate a deal before free agency could be filed.

In this case, speculation aside, TO is not scheduled to control his own destiny, so I have no idea whether it applies or not. I do have very specific thoughts on the matter anyway.

1. I do not want TO in Dallas anyway.

2. IF Jerry really did break the rules, he should be punished.

3. Why are the Eagles being petty and caring about this? Aside from breaking the rules, does it really effect the Eagles? Are they looking to secure TO's services long-term? Let the league deal with the tampering, if applicable. I'm quickly losing respect for their front office.

6. Cowboy71

Not to condone anything by the Ego-man, but its funny how they piece quotes together to make it look worse. Here are the original comments.

"I'm avoiding, deliberately avoiding, saying whether or not the Cowboys would be interested [in Owens]," Jones said on the radio. "He's a player that is a competitive player. He's an outstanding addition to an offense."

Later, when asked in general if he would take chances on troubled players more now, Jones said: "In general, I'm a risk-taker. We've gone down that road. We have had situations that worked and some that didn't. I probably have a propensity to try and make things work." Jones mentioned Alonzo Spellman, who had 76 tackles and 10 sacks in two seasons (1999-2000) after battling mental health problems, as an example of risk taking.

7. HAILMARY

Yea they pieced together sound bites to make it seem he said it all at once and was after TO.

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

What a load of crap right here. I'm sorry but it's not as if Jones has been in contact with Owens. He said on a radio show that he wouldn't mind Owens on the team and that he might get in the hunt for him.

I remember an interview with a bunch of coaches. Bill Cowher being one and they were asked about WR Divas like Owens and Moss. Cowher told the reporter he wouldn't mind coaching either of them. That's almost the same thing what Jones said. I wouldn't mind him on the team.

Philly needs to accept losing and move on. My guess is, is that they new that they were going to be muted from the news because of a poor record so they needed to find away back in. Why not cause a dilemma with your division rival then? Please that's just a bunch of BS.

9. Cowboy71

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HAILMARY)</div><div class='quotemain'>Whether or not he broke the rules is yet to be decided and speculating is just that, speculating. If he did it, fine him then, but I dont see TO here at all. I bet philly keeps him, being he's the best talent they have(had) at the present. thier teams demise was inevitable anyway, after blowing thier chances for all these years while everyone in the east stunk..... I see they came back and beat the 2-9 packers.....congrats</div>
    It is not speculation at all. It is fact. He mentioned TO by name as someone to bring to Dallas. That is tampering. Dont fine him, penalize team, byt taking away draft picks.</div>

Actually, it was speculation...and bad speculation at that. He did not mention TO by name in that context. I can send you a link to listen to the interview if anyone is interested. After hearing his exact words, I don't imagine the league will find much to go off of.

10. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

You would think that the Eagles wouldn't mind this cancerous malcontent going to & possibly taking down a division rival.

11. Cowboy71

Looks like it was dropped...

PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia Eagles have withdrawn a tampering complaint against the Cowboys filed after Dallas owner Jerry Jones suggested on a radio show that his team is often interested in players such as suspended wide receiver Terrell Owens.
    "At the time, the Eagles were concerned that the nature and timing of the comments could affect the outcome of the arbitration hearing involving Owens," the team said in a statement Friday.
    "We have now had the opportunity to review the full transcript of the interview and in light of the fact the comments obviously had no effect on the outcome of the hearing, the Eagles have since contacted the National Football League in order to withdraw their request to have the league pursue this matter."

12. HAILMARY

Good to see they came to thier senses.