Dajuan and Only

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by jbbKing James, Dec 19, 2003.

1. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">If everything goes right over the next couple weeks ? and Clevelanders know that can be a big ?if? ? the new-look Cavaliers will have a new look.

It?s kind of an old, new look, actually.

In two weeks, the Cavaliers may finally have a starting backcourt of LeBron James and Dajuan Wagner. This is not a look teams around the league want to see.

Dajuan Wagner hasn?t played a regular season game since March of last year. Before that, the No. 6 overall pick in the 2002 NBA Draft looked like lightning in a bottle. In 47 games, Wagner averaged 13.4 ppg and 2.8 apg in 29.5 minutes per contest. Among rookies, Wagner ranked fourth in scoring, fourth in assists and third in minutes. He played in the ?got milk?? Rookie Challenge during All-Star Weekend in Atlanta and scored 12 points in 17 minutes.

But the Cavaliers? Deuce missed the final 20 games of the season with a torn meniscus in his right knee and underwent surgery on March 21 to repair the tear. The last time Cavaliers fans saw the former Memphis star in a Cleveland uniform was when he debuted the new expression of Wine and Gold on April 16.

This season, Wagner was set to have further surgery, but it was delayed due to an inflammation of the liver and pancreas. Last season, he missed the first 14 games of the season with a bladder infection. It looked as if another Cavaliers player would be snake bit by injuries.

But maybe this string of misfortune gave him perspective. ?It's frustrating to see both sides," said Wagner. "Things happen for a reason. Hopefully, I?ll get my injuries out of the way early. Now I can just go play.?

The light is shining at the end of Wagner?s tunnel. The scintillating shooting guard practiced with the Cavaliers ? albeit in the half court ? on Thursday and could be ready as early as January 1.

?We'll have to see how he does,? said Paul Silas, on Wagner?s return. ?If there's no swelling in the knee after this practice, and we get another one and there's no swelling, we'll have to evaluate it. The doctors will evaluate it and give me the OK.?
    </div>

[​IMG]
    <font size="1">This is a combination opposing teams do not want to see.
    Fernando Medina
    NBAE/Getty Images</font>

Full Story

2. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

Dajuan has been one of my favorite players since he was in HS. He is a great scorer. In 2 years, they will be the best backcourt in basketball.

3. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

He has been fully practicing with the team this week, and it is not far off to say that he will be back in under 2 weeks.

I can't wait to see him play again.

Before the injury last year that never healed correctly, he was scoring over 20 points a game and would have had a great show at that ROY award.

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

he is my fav Cavalier...he is going to be special if he isnt plagued by injuries

5. World B. Free

World B. Free JBB JustBBall Member

He and James are the perfect complement to each other. James can play the point on offense with Wagner at the 2 and then on defense Wagner can guard the point with James guarding the 2. It will take DaJuan a while to get back to full strength, but they really need his scoring. Hopefully he's improved his jumper too.

6. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

I'd love to see him back in bussiness soon, and rule the court in the face of all those "superstars" in NBA:)

7. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

It was reported today that Silas expects Wagner to be activated on January 6th. He said that wasn't a definite date, but thats when he expects Dajuan's return.

8. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Serious Juanny will be back on Jan.6?

9. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

hopefully yes![​IMG]

10. LocoArts

LocoArts JBB JustBBall Member

D Wag is going to help this team [​IMG]