Magic may be looking to trade Howard

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by Ice, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting :</div><div class="quote_post">Having already been traded twice in his 10-year NBA career, Orlando Magic power forward Juwan Howard knows that so often where there are trade rumors there usually is a hint of reality.

Howard bristled Friday at the rumors that the Magic might be shopping him around the NBA. Teams such as Minnesota, Denver and New York have been mentioned as having interest in the 30-year-old Howard. The 10-year veteran was signed in July by the Magic to a six-year, $38 million free-agent contract.

"I'll say this: If you're having your name mentioned, that means management has been talking about trading you," Howard said. "I've been in this league 10 years, and it doesn't surprise me. But for my name to be mentioned, it shows me that someone wants me to be a part of their team. Whether I'm here or somewhere else, I respect the fact that this is a business. It's just something that I can't control." </div>

Full Story

This was as of Friday night...

I think the Magic should hold on to Howard because they have be coming together.

2. TimFlem

TimFlem JBB JustBBall Member

He probably won't stay even though he's been playing amazingly the past few games.

3. jump

jump JBB JustBBall Member

4. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jump:</div><div class="quote_post">I already posted this</div>

Next time start a new thread buddy. I, along with others i'm sure, don't read threads about fake trades that won't happen.

Theres a difference between trading ideas, and trades that might actually go down.

5. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

Wolves are still interested in him. Ironically.

6. DirtySouth

DirtySouth JBB JustBBall Member

Is there actually anyone on the block worth trading for ? Howard is playing great now and the team is really coming together.

7. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DirtySouth:</div><div class="quote_post">Is there actually anyone on the block worth trading for ? Howard is playing great now and the team is really coming together.</div>

Nope, we won't get enough for him. He's been playing really good so I think we should just keep him. Gooden and Howard are finally working well together again.

8. ZeroToOne50182

ZeroToOne50182 JBB JustBBall Member

What I was afraid of.. I wasnt to happy when the Magic signed howard.. And i was hoping they would trade him before he started to gel and get into playing well.. That is if he started out pretty rough.. and everyone did.. Now we cant possibly get rid of him with how well hes been playing. Plus its a reason to bring Gooden off the bench.. We cant trade the guy, As much as id want him out of there, hes gotta stay..

9. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

Not necessarily. If someone offers the right price, he's gone. The Magic's season hasn't picked up so much that they're back on track, so they might still throw the season down the drain, depending on what comes up.

I'd like to see him go to a real East contender to strengthen one of them, instead of a cellar dwellar like Orlando. However, if Orlando gets into the playoff picture, it'll be a good thing to hang onto him for the first round. I can't see them getting out unless they have him playing well.