Stephon Marbury Q&A

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Vyper, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    Stephon Marbury Q&A

Knicks In The Paint sat down with new acquisition Stephon Marbury this week to get some answers to the fan questions you sent in. Here are some of the questions and answers:

Now that your childhood dream of becoming a Knick is true, what is your main goal right now?
    "My goal now is to learn the system, work with my teammates and complete the dream that all New Yorkers have...winning an NBA Championship for the greatest fans and the greatest city in the world."

How do you feel about the team right now? How will you react the first time you step into The Garden floor in a Knicks uniform?
    "We have a veteran team that will learn how to play together very quickly. They all understand how the game is to be played.There is no better feeling than playing here in New York, and I can't wait to hear my name Thursday night."

Hey Starbury, I am so happy for you. I can see you being a great fit on the New York Knicks roster. How excited are you to play for the New York Knicks and what do you expect to accomplish this season?
    "Our goal is as always. Win the NBA Championship. I think we have a great mix of players here who work hard and I am proud to call them my teammates."

Is there anything else that you think the Knicks have to add in order to become real playoff contenders or do you think you've got a pretty good nucleus of players there already?
    "I think we have a nice mix of players...Allan's shooting, Kurt's rebounding, Keith's all-around game, Shandon's cutting to the hole, Dikembe blocking shots...not to mention Penny, who came with me...and a solid bench. I will leave it up to Isiah and Don to decide if we need more."

More Q&A in link...

Marbury Link