Grant Hill

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by Vyper, Jan 12, 2004.

1. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    Man,I got some new respect for G. This cat has gone thru hell with his ankles. 4 surgeries and countless obstacles later this dude is still tryin'....I got much respect for Grant...other than 'Nique and Tim Bug...Grant is my all time favorite player. Feel sorry for dude man,he deserves alot better. Here's to hoping he can come back and enjoy a few more seasons.

2. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

Yep, it's a shame his career has been killed by injuires, I'm assuming you saw the interview on Inside the NBA?

3. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple N Gold:</div><div class="quote_post">Yep, it's a shame his career has been killed by injuires, I'm assuming you saw the interview on Inside the NBA?</div>

Yea,cats been thru hell and back...I didn't know he went thru all that. I can imagine how hard it is for him tho...

4. Depth

Depth JBB JustBBall Member

I think he should reitre.. hes falling off like Penny did unfortunetly

5. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Depth:</div><div class="quote_post">I think he should reitre.. hes falling off like Penny did unfortunetly</div>

nah,not yet. he showed last year he could still be the same Grant Hill.

6. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

I really don't feel sympathy because he is eating up the Magic's money. I think that Orlando's management is extremely underrated. The have a team with Tmac, and Juwan Howard. Considering how much of the money is eaten by everyone's favorite bench-warmer-who-should-be-a-starter.

On the other hand, Grant Hill is looking out for himself and getting his money. Can't blame him.

7. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trail_Blazer76:</div><div class="quote_post">I really don't feel sympathy because he is eating up the Magic's money. I think that Orlando's management is extremely underrated. The have a team with Tmac, and Juwan Howard. Considering how much of the money is eaten by everyone's favorite bench-warmer-who-should-be-a-starter.

On the other hand, Grant Hill is looking out for himself and getting his money. Can't blame him.</div>

That's too harsh. You can't lay it solely on Grant's shoulders. Orlando wants him to try and come back,if they didn't I'm sure they could save themselves a ton of money and arrange a buy-out. I think that drives dude too,the fact that he's gettin' mad moneys from 'em and hasn't played in the past 2 years.

8. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

I hope he can come back healthy. We tried to work a buyout with him, but nothing worked. He's a real class act, but he's taking all of our money. Our salary is really 30 mil with Grant Hill being out.

9. TMac_OwNz

TMac_OwNz JBB JustBBall Member

ugh I read an article before...I cant find it but it was about Hill in the pool working all day to maintain his heart rate at 65 something .. and I really respect Hill If he can come back this season without hurting his ankle again and work hard during the off season good things could happen for next season..he is an 6 time All-Star.. I think he'll come back next season to play and have a great season..he has a lot of haters..but they just dont know..

10. TimFlem

TimFlem JBB JustBBall Member

Well if he comes back come back hard and put the Magic in Championship form.

11. ZeroToOne50182

ZeroToOne50182 JBB JustBBall Member

The thing that uspets me about Grant Hill... Is that he says hes offering his advice and coming to every practice and every game...

But is he doing what he should be doing while sitting out? Is he telling Tracy what it takes to be the Team Captain? If not I really think he should do that.. He would really earn my respect and make me take away all the feelings about him if he did that.. He could be doing a lot more than what hes doing.. But i think its significant that he helps McGrady out with what to say, do and act like when your the team captain...

If hes done that.. or at least tried... Then no problems, shame on Tracy for not listening..

12. Trail_Blazer76

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ZeroToOne50182:</div><div class="quote_post">The thing that uspets me about Grant Hill... Is that he says hes offering his advice and coming to every practice and every game...
    </div>

LOL. You would be complaining just as much (probably more) if he was doing the opposite. If he stayed at home during practices and games it would show less responsibility and desire to play than what he is doing now.

13. ZeroToOne50182

ZeroToOne50182 JBB JustBBall Member

I am not complaining... It just upsets me that the one thing he could do to really give this team a boost.. Isnt doing.. I appritiate him wanting to play and all.. But if he cant what else is there to do besides that....

14. Trail_Blazer76

That DA sig is filthy. 1000 cool points for you [​IMG].

15. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Big Nasty:</div><div class="quote_post">Man,I got some new respect for G. This cat has gone thru hell with his ankles. 4 surgeries and countless obstacles later this dude is still tryin'....I got much respect for Grant...other than 'Nique and Tim Bug...Grant is my all time favorite player. Feel sorry for dude man,he deserves alot better. Here's to hoping he can come back and enjoy a few more seasons.</div>

I have to give him my props. Going through all that, but barely ever plays which may caused that big 18 game losing streak.

16. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Come on guys, don't blame it on Grant Hill. There is absoulutely no point that Grant should even try to play this year. Give him another 8-9 months off to rest and get in basketball shape. He wont' make us into a contender. He will help Tmac out a lot, but would he even start with the way Bogans is playing? Giricek also has a bunch of potential, will he start over Hill? I don't think that there are a lot of Grant Hill haters. How can you guys hate a guy that's come off of 4 surgeries just to play again and he is a class act off the court too. I just don't see how you can hate a guy like that.

17. YaoMing03-04

YaoMing03-04 JBB Banned Member

Sympathy for G Hill , the guy has over 150 million dollars. He should just retire. He is bringing down the Magic , If he retires , the Magic will have 13 million dollars cap room to sign a guy like Kobe Bryant. Grant is so selfish, he needs to be a team player an realize that he is hurting the Magic. Even if he does come back which i doubt, he will be an average player he has lost all quickness. Last year he averaged 14 7 and 4 , there are a lot of guys in the league that can do that. Just retire grant