Dajuan Wagner

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by Buckets, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

when do you guys think DWAgs will make his 1st crazy game of the season?? I think it may happen if he plays against the golden state warriors as a starter. I think that Dwags is really struggling with his shooting im guessing hes around 30%, is it because of his knee?

2. cArMeLo15

cArMeLo15 JBB JustBBall Member

His whole career so far has been mostly injured. Just give him a couple of weeks, and he'll be ready. You can't expect right away after surgury to do awesome.

3. Buckets

I know but the way i saw him play you gotta expect a lot from this guy he averaged 42ppg in his highschool senior year( i hear, cant provide a link its on the cavaliers message boards though). I think after he shakes the rust off he needs to take better shots he has a pretty bad shot selection. I agree he needs time to shake off the rust.

4. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

it might be his knees, you need your legs to benifit an outside shot. but its basically because he never played a full season of ball, and is still basically a rookie. he might not shine this year at all. but he will have a few complemantary games where he will do his part to win a game. it doesnt mean he has to score a whole butt load of points, it could just be his slashing/playmaking abilities that will make him somewhat shine this year.

5. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

He's only played in 4 games since being unable to play for almost a year because of various injuries. He'll probably start rounding into shape within the next week or two and put up more points. However, he never has been a good % shooter so even when he's healthy, he'll probably shoot between 35-40%.

6. Buckets

I was just on Nba.com and it says he's only shooting 26% from the field. I guess it must be hard playing around only half of your rookie season and being expected to shine your next when you get back from an injury. I think its cuz of his knees, i can relate i got bad knees to they stop me from playin ball sometimes to.

7. Gameday77

Gameday77 JBB JustBBall Member

D. Wag will be fine. U have to remember he missed alot of basketball with the injuries. Right now he's just getting his legs under him etc (back into game shape) etc so his shot is gonna be off for a bit. I'd say sometime in the middle of February u will see him hit his stride and legs return. That in turn will result in better shooting and more explosion.

8. LocoArts

LocoArts JBB JustBBall Member

D Wag is getting his wind back.. he is still off with his shot..but last night because he was playing some more minutes he changed his game and started to do everything else like block shots,rebound,pass,dribble,ect..

so you can see he is learning that if your shot isn't falling there is alot more you can do out there to make a difference!

One thing I did notice is The NBA is getting Taller! It seems like everyone is 6'8".. Because D Wag looks short as hell! What is he 6'2". He looks like a small guy out there.

9. Buckets

6"2 is huge in my opinion im only 5"4 1/2, anyways i agree theres more you can do on the court than score. I think next season Dajuan will be allstar material. Does anyone know any good site with Dajuan Wagner clips or know anylinks??