Calipari gets 3 year extension

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by Vyper, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Big Nasty:</div><div class="quote_post">MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Memphis basketball coach John Calipari received a three-year contract extension Sunday through 2010.

"There were numerous reasons for extending John's contract," Memphis athletic director R.C. Johnson said in a statement released Sunday afternoon. "At the top of my list were his performances both academically and athletically. He is graduating student-athletes and winning basketball games, and that is exactly what we asked him to do when John was hired."

Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.</div>

I'm glad he's gonna stay,he needs to stay with college ball and not take another foray into the NBA.

Link

2. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Calipari is a terrible coach. He does nothing but create hype around his team. He'll recruit guys that he knows will go pro' later on like Amare Stoudamire, Kendrick Perkins, Darius Washington, Jr., and Qyntell Woods. To get Dajuan Wagner he had to offer an athletic scholarship to his best friend and hire his dad as the head assistant coach.

He spends too much time playing with the media and not enough time coaching his team. In the last few seasons he has guaranteed that Earl Barron, Chris Massie, and Kelly Wise would be first-round draft picks. None of them were drafted and the Tigers never made it out of the first round of the tournament.

I don't like how Calipari operates his program. He is far from trustworthy, and all it takes is a city as dumb as Memphis to keep this guy going. Not many other cities/schools would tolerate his crap.

3. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Big Nasty:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm glad he's gonna stay,he needs to stay with college ball and not take another foray into the NBA.

Link</div>

i was thinkin the same exact thing... [​IMG]