Starting lineup?

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by Blinger0723, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Blinger0723

Blinger0723 JBB JustBBall Member

I was wondering i think Lebron should play the 3 now. Jeff at PG, Wagner at SG, Lebron at SF, Boozer at PF, Z at C. With eric williams and kedrick brown( i love kedrick's play very good defender and can hit some jump shots) as our 6th mans. What do u guys think?

2. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

I would love Wagner to start also. But i think he will be more effective off the bench. He will give the 2nd unit some depth since Miles is gone.

3. Blinger0723

We still have kedrick,Eric coming off the bench to fill the guard and forward spot.

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I like Lebron at the 3, because it allows him to use his creativity on offense, without the pressure of running the 1. McInnis will eventually be the starter at PG, and will give them solid production from their weakest position this season. The 2 spot is a toss up, but I would start Kedrick Brown there so he can develop with LeBron and grow his confidence. Wags is the ideal 6th man for the Cavs, because he can pick up the scoring when LeBron or McInnis need a rest.

5. Glen Infante

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">We still have kedrick,Eric coming off the bench to fill the guard and forward spot</div>

Yeah but they aren't legitament offensive players. We need a scoring option in the 2nd unit and thats Wagner.

6. Blinger0723

I dunno i dont like our 3rd pick coming off the bench i would like him to get a-lot of playing time.

7. Glen Infante

He will get alot of playing time. Just because you in the starting 5 doesn't mean you are guarenteed 30+ minutes.

8. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

For right now I would love to have Wagner and Williams come off the bench. This way we lose nothing when our starters exit the game and it would actually give us one of the better scoring benches in the league. Heck, we outplayed the Kings bench last night.

Jeff at the 1, Brown at the 2, James at the 3.

We will see that very shortly.

9. Glen Infante

Their plans are putting James at the 2. Why? I have no clue. My thoughts are because James is a better shooter then both Williams and Brown.

10. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr_Infante:</div><div class="quote_post">Their plans are putting James at the 2. Why? I have no clue. My thoughts are because James is a better shooter then both Williams and Brown.</div>

Well James has been the 2 guard late in games when Ollie has been at point, but that is only because we don't have a deadly 2 guard.

I believe if Z is traded, it will be for a 2 guard now.

11. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">Well James has been the 2 guard late in games when Ollie has been at point, but that is only because we don't have a deadly 2 guard.

I believe if Z is traded, it will be for a 2 guard now.</div>

If they traded Z, they would probably need a new center to go along with that 2 guard, because Diop isn't starter quality(atleast not yet). I don't see how its possible for the Cavs to bring in a new center and SG for Z straight up, they would probably have to give up someone else. I like Battie, but I don't think he should be the starting center for the Cavs either.

12. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Phreeze:</div><div class="quote_post">If they traded Z, they would probably need a new center to go along with that 2 guard, because Diop isn't starter quality(atleast not yet). I don't see how its possible for the Cavs to bring in a new center and SG for Z straight up, they would probably have to give up someone else. I like Battie, but I don't think he should be the starting center for the Cavs either.</div>

Z would have been traded a long time ago if not for Battie's health. If he was 100% him and Diop could hold down the center position perfectly for this team. What 2 guys do you think were playing while Z was on the bench at crunch time when the game was on the line.

Yeah [​IMG]

13. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

I'd like to see this starting lineup:

PG: Jeff McInnis
    SG: Dajuan Wagner
    SF: LeBron James
    PF: Carlos Boozer
    C: Zydrunas Illgauskas