Warriors not only team struggling on road

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The 12-game road losing streak began Dec. 19 when the Warriors fell 119-93 to the Orlando Magic, which had lost 21 of its first 26 games.

Two nights later at Miami, the Warriors lost 104-93 to the 9-17 Heat.

After the game, the Warriors hopped on a plane, returned home, enjoyed a day off, then beat the mighty Los Angeles Lakers 107-98 at the Arena.

Three nights later, the Warriors treated the home fans to a 98-91 win over the Sacramento Kings, another powerhouse.

Welcome to the NBA, where winning on the road is often harder than finding a hotel bed big enough for Shaquille O'Neal.

It's a league where good home teams often turn into road kill.

The Warriors are exhibit "A." They're 18-11 at home and 7-23 on the road. They've finished .500 or better on the road twice in the past 20 seasons.</div>

Full Article

2. jayserinos99

jayserinos99 JBB JustBBall Member

Great article Rudeezy. Basketball is a sport where the destinations are a bit farther and the staying times are shorter. You're in one night, play a game and then fly out the same night. It must be hard; take the recent 1-3 road trip in which we had 2 back to backs. In baseball, you don't come into a town for a night mostly and football is played on the weekends (barring the Monday night games, Thanksgiving games, etc).

3. Rudeezy

It has always been amazing to me how teams could be so good at home yet so bad on the road. Aren't the baskets still 10 feet tall? Isn't the court the same length? Its hard to believe that these athletes, some of the best in the world, could be affected by travel schedule. Is it the crowd that affects the outcome? I think it definately has an affect at Arco.

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

If anything you'd think the East coast guys would be more tired because they go to bed earlier. Maybe that's why the warriors win at home more. [​IMG]

If you're talking about other Western teams, then its about the crowd. The warriors need confidence.

5. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">

If you're talking about other Western teams, then its about the crowd. The warriors need confidence.</div>Its just amazing to me how these profesionals could let the crowd affect their game that much. I guess its all psychological.

6. Custodianrules2

Sometimes, the crowd just brings the intensity in someone's game and demoralizes the opposing team's confidence. I guess you'd have to be a pro to feel the noise of thousands of fans screaming and cheering you on or the humiliation of getting scored upon and the crowd cheering for that guy who scored on your team.

7. Rudeezy

I know the feeling. Last year when my team made the state championships, we had a full house of 2,500 screaming fans. I guess you can say we had the advantage at home.[​IMG]

8. Custodianrules2

That's awesome.