Help picking out a car...

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by Rudeezy, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Now that I got this full ride to play ball for the next few years, my parents have decided to buy me a car!

I'm thinking of getting a Camaro. Any suggestions?

2. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

I hate to say this but avoid American cars. They break down way too easy. Get a Japanese car if you want to avoid repairs. There are plenty of cool ones, Acura RS-X is sweet, Mazda M6, Toyota Celica or Spyder, Honda 2000, get any of these and they will last minimum 10 years. American, I bet you will be lucky to get 5 years before a tranny or head gasket blows. I did have a Mustang GT Conv for 10 years and loved it. Good luck. BTW, congrats on your full ride, where are you going?

3. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Wow, for some reason I didn't see my post after I posted. So basically, I just said anything Honda/Acura. Same company. Those cars last forever.

4. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting philsmith75:</div><div class="quote_post"> Good luck. BTW, congrats on your full ride, where are you going?</div>Duke.

ok...Fresno Pacific University.[​IMG]

Thanks for the advice, I will look into it.

5. Custodianrules2

That's pretty sweet getting a full ride to college.

6. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">That's pretty sweet getting a full ride to college.</div>Yes it is. I had never imagined getting one.

7. Custodianrules2

Congrats! I'm curious, do you ever try to emulate any of your nba favorites?

8. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Congrats! I'm curious, do you ever try to emulate any of your nba favorites?</div>lol...believe it or not: Mike Dunleavy Jr. I just love his game. The game seems to come naturally to him. Some of my teamates have nicknamed me "Dunleavy" because of our style of play. I am not very athletic but I am fundementally sound, much like Dunleavy. Too bad he has 4 inches on me.[​IMG]

9. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">lol...believe it or not: Mike Dunleavy Jr. I just love his game. The game seems to come naturally to him. Some of my teamates have nicknamed me "Dunleavy" because of our style of play. I am not very athletic but I am fundementally sound, much like Dunleavy. Too bad he has 4 inches on me.[​IMG]</div>

Wow, I hope you can actually play defense and make layups, unlike Dunleavy. LOL. Just kidding, Rudeezy! You da man, you know it.

10. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Wow, I hope you can actually play defense and make layups, unlike Dunleavy. LOL. Just kidding, Rudeezy! You da man, you know it.</div>haha...thanks.

11. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Rudeezy,

Are we talking about a brand new car or a slightly used car? What kind of price range are you looking at? I am a HUGE mustang fan so hear me out. Cameros are pretty quick out of the box. So if you want to keep it stock, you will probably like the camero. But have you thought about an 03 Cobra? They are 390HP stock, and they are indestructable. And for only about $2000 you can have 450-500RWHP and about the same amount of torque. Whatever you do please drive all the cars mentioned. Do not write off any car. You can find a used 03 Cobra for around $26k asking price, and haggle down below $25k. If that is too much, then I understand. You can also find 99-04 GTs really cheap now too and they can be made just as fast or faster than a camero for a lesser price. If it was me and I was looking solely at the cameros I would get a Pontiac Firebird WS6. If you get a camero, make sure it is a 98 or above for the LS1 engine instead of the LT1 engine. Depending on your price range though, there is no doubt what I would do and that is the 03 Cobra. Go drive it and tell me you would rather have a camero.

12. Rudeezy

I am looking for a used car. I just love camaros. I would get a Mustang but they are a bit pricey, plus too many people have them.haha

13. Warriorfansnc93

Rudeezy, I am telling you, if you drive an 03 Cobra you will fall in love with it. Just the blower whine will make you cream your pants. Plus it is not a Mustang, it is a Cobra. Is a Saleen a mustang? No. It may be made from a mustang body, but if anyone knows anything about cars, they will recognize an 03 Cobra from a normal mustang from a mile away. And it is the fastest production mustang ever built. It is like the Supra in its hayday. Trust me, go look and drive one. And if you are looking for a brand new one, there is Mystic Chrome which changes colors in different lights. Too cool. If price is a concern, then go with a used 03 Cobra. BTW, you will not find any new Cameros because they were discontinued. Year for year, the mustang will be cheaper than a camero. Cameros died because they could not keep up with the stang...

14. Rudeezy

lol...my parents would not buy me a cobra. It is way too expensive. I am not sold on a Camaro, I am just leaning towards getting one.

15. Warriorfansnc93

What is your price range then? Do you really want a 2 door, or would you like a 4 door or SUV or truck?

16. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah- what's your price range? It all depends on how much your parents are willing to pay.

Personally, I love the Nissan 350Z.

17. Rudeezy

I wouldn't make my parents spend more than 10 grand. I would like an SUV except I need a car that is somewhat good on gas. I'm also looking for a sporty car.

18. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Rudeezy, you said you are not looking for a used car:

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I am not looking for a used car.</div>

Then you say that your price range is under 10k:

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I wouldn't make my parents spend more than 10 grand</div>

I hate to break it to you but $10,000 is not a lot of money for a brand new car.

19. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dexter:</div><div class="quote_post">Rudeezy, you said you are not looking for a used car:</div>lol...sorry, I meant I AM looking for a used car.

20. jayserinos99

jayserinos99 JBB JustBBall Member

10Gs and as new as possible while being sporty. rock the dodge neon srt-4. plenty of pop there.