Webber better off as a reserve?

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by Ice, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">So why subject the Kings to further disruption when, during their star's 58-game absence, they snatched the league's best record, boasted the NBA's most creative scoring unit of Vlade Divac, Brad Miller, Peja Stojakovic, Mike Bibby and Christie and, though the defense remains erratic, maintained a dominance on the road?

These were the Kings, the league-leading Kings: Vlade passing. Peja scoring. Bibby leading. Christie hawking. Miller fighting.

Webber, the starter, would be a heck of a sub.</div>
    Sacbee.com

2. TMac_OwNz

TMac_OwNz JBB JustBBall Member

No doubt , I mean are you just going to tell Miller "Ok buddy good job , he's back you can come off the bench now." after he played like he has played? ASG and all people.

I think the Kings will be unstopable now , they could also try having both at the same time playing Miller at SF and Peja at SG.

3. Chucksta

Chucksta JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMac_OwNz:</div><div class="quote_post">No doubt , I mean are you just going to tell Miller "Ok buddy good job , he's back you can come off the bench now." after he played like he has played? ASG and all people.

I think the Kings will be unstopable now , they could also try having both at the same time playing Miller at SF and Peja at SG.</div>

And leave Christie out of the team? Than their D is even worse...

4. King James X3

King James X3 JBB JustBBall Member

Webber shouldn't goto the bench, when he's on his game he's perhaps the third best power foward in the league behind only Duncan and Garnett. Webber gives this team SO much, when he gets healthy it will become more apperant than ever. His ability to slow down the game with his lowpost play, his defense, his rebounding ability which opens up fastbreak oppurtunites, etc.

Vlade Divac should be coming off the bench, there's several reasons to support that theory. The first being, come playoff time Sacramento will have to deal with quality bigmen. Brad Miller is a far better one on one defender, he's also a better rebounder and more importantly a better free throw shooter. The only part of his game that falls short of Vlade's is his passing, but with Webber back he'll more than make up for the loss. The second being Vlade's health. I'm sure Sacramento is intending on resigning Vlade, doing so will require Sacramento to keep him healthy. Limit Vlade's minutes, perhaps 20-25 minutes per game, that way he'll always be fresh and you could likely squeeze another two seasons out of his aging body.

Having Webber at Power Foward and Brad Miller at Center gives you more options than having Miller or Webber on the bench. You become better defensively, you become a better rebounding team which also allows you to become a better fastbreak team, you becoming more offensive in your front court, and you keep Vlade fresh and healthy for years to come. To me it sounded like a no brainer, perhaps Sacramento sees it differently or there simply waiting for Webber to become healthy before making the move. Who knows...

5. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMac_OwNz:</div><div class="quote_post">No doubt , I mean are you just going to tell Miller "Ok buddy good job , he's back you can come off the bench now." after he played like he has played? ASG and all people.

I think the Kings will be unstopable now , they could also try having both at the same time playing Miller at SF and Peja at SG.</div>I would put Miller at the 5 and Webber at the 4. They only become better IMO.

6. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

There is no question that Webber should be starting for the Sac Queens. He is still one of the top 4-5 power fowards in the league (that must count for something). I agree with the consensus that Miller should start along with Webber. That lineup would only make the Kings better.

7. AIFan

AIFan JBB JustBBall Member

I say sit Vlade, he's old, tired, let him get some rest. Play Miller, Webb, Peja, Bibby and Christie

8. glendaleMVP

glendaleMVP JBB JustBBall Member

Why is Vlade Divac starting anyway? Yeah sure he has some good passes and everything, but if they started Brad Miller at center, Miller would be even better. Heck, Brad is usually always getting 20 and 10 off the bench, just think of what he could do as a starter.

9. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting glendaleMVP:</div><div class="quote_post">Why is Vlade Divac starting anyway? Yeah sure he has some good passes and everything, but if they started Brad Miller at center, Miller would be even better. Heck, Brad is usually always getting 20 and 10 off the bench, just think of what he could do as a starter.</div>

Uh he's been a starter until the recent Webber comeback.. we know what he could do as a starter. I like Vlade off the bench also, not because I think Miller is more valuable or anything, but for Vlade's sake I think he should be resting on the bench. The guy is getting old and I think it's time to start cutting down his minutes if they want him to play next year. Like others have said earlier it'll also help in the playoffs because he will be fresh.

10. glendaleMVP

glendaleMVP JBB JustBBall Member

Uh, yeah I know he's been a starter the whole time, but i'm saying that he shouldn't be starting. You basically just repeated what I said there..

11. Bez Koske

Bez Koske JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Phreeze:</div><div class="quote_post">Uh he's been a starter until the recent Webber comeback.. we know what he could do as a starter. I like Vlade off the bench also, not because I think Miller is more valuable or anything, but for Vlade's sake I think he should be resting on the bench. The guy is getting old and I think it's time to start cutting down his minutes if they want him to play next year. Like others have said earlier it'll also help in the playoffs because he will be fresh.</div>

I agree

and that comin from a lakers fan...much props

12. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

I thought the lineup was with Miller starting. I guess because I'm playing with them for 1 of my season's. Miller probaly would be starting if Webber was there since their first game this season just like ESPN basketball. And Vlade does need to cut his minutes, commentators always say that when I see them play. But I always catch Sac playing in the 2nd quarter, that's why I didn't know that Miller was on the bench.

13. $actown Dyme

$actown Dyme JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TMac_OwNz:</div><div class="quote_post">No doubt , I mean are you just going to tell Miller "Ok buddy good job , he's back you can come off the bench now." after he played like he has played? ASG and all people.</div>

And what are you going to tell C Webb? "Sorry man, you've been gone for too long, your starting position's been taken." He's done too much for this franchise for him to be on the bench. I think the three-man rotation is working perfectly. Nothing in the game plan has changed, the Kings are still playing terrific ball. Vlade's passing is key to the Kings game plan, so you just can't bench him and forget about him. And plus, when they talked to Brad Miller after the Kings/ Mavericks game, he said he doesn't mind being on the bench, he just wants to win; that's what he came to Sacramento for. As long as everybody is getting their fair share of minutes, it's all good.

14. Bez Koske

Bez Koske JBB JustBBall Member

does anybody feel like since Cwebb came back, the kings are just kinda....slower?

15. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

No the Kings are nothing but better, I have been waiting for Webbers comeback it has been so anticipating. Todays game was nothing but proof the Kings will bear the ring in 2004.

16. mydi619

mydi619 JBB JustBBall Member

I was watching the Suns-Kings game tonight and they started off the game with a statistic that the Kings are 10-9 with since Webber's return. Is this bad or what? Do you think this had to do with C-Webb or were the teams they played against jsut bad. By the way, almost every shot Chris took tonight, it rolled off the rim exactly the same way each time. I'm sad, I don't know what's goign to happen this year with the Kings. Things aren't going right once again.