Grizzlies Lock Playoff Spot

Discussion in 'Memphis Grizzlies' started by Voodoo Child, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

For the first time in the history of the franchise, the Memphis Grizzlies are going to the playoffs! It took them the second longest time of any franchise to make their first playoff appearance (first longest being the Jazz), but the wait was well worth it. Even better, the Grizzlies made the run into the post season without a single star on their team. It can be argued that Gasol or Posey could be stars, but the point is that basically every player on the roster (minus Humphrey *bust*) has contributed. The Grizzlies have a 49-26 record, are in fifth place in the west, and are two games behind the San Antonio Spurs for 4th. Keep it up Grizz!

:pimp:

2. PG2

PG2 JBB JustBBall Member

It's been a long time coming and its finally here, i was really hoping they even out the minutes between earl watson and jason williams. Watson is crazy, they should let him start once in a while.

3. $actown Dyme

$actown Dyme JBB JustBBall Member

That's good for them. I'm happy for J Will, I still got love for my boy.

4. jwill2

jwill2 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PG2:</div><div class="quote_post">It's been a long time coming and its finally here, i was really hoping they even out the minutes between earl watson and jason williams. Watson is crazy, they should let him start once in a while.</div>
    I think there would be a lot of people that would say J-will should get more minutes not less, but thats just me.

5. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jwill2:</div><div class="quote_post">I think there would be a lot of people that would say J-will should get more minutes not less, but thats just me.</div>

Yeah I'm one of those who think Jason should get more minutes actually. He's really shown maturity now and is a completely different player from what we used to see when he was with the Kings. I guess you really can't complain about playing time for any of these Grizzlie players though, they're the 5th seed in the WEST and climbing... Can't complain about a system that works!

6. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting jwill2:</div><div class="quote_post">I think there would be a lot of people that would say J-will should get more minutes not less, but thats just me.</div>

It's not so much that Williams should get less minutes anymore in my opinion; I just think Watson needs more playing time. He's proven himself worthy. Anyway, let's not turn this into another JWill/Watson debate. [​IMG]

7. jwill2

jwill2 JBB JustBBall Member

Not another Watson-Williams debate? Why not it was so much fun haha. Yeah I'm with you Wave lets just support every player and Coach Brown something must working well, a better season then anyone could have possibly imagined.

8. Ezra

Ezra JBB JustBBall Member

If Eboy could only defend...

Watson's probably a top 5 defender in the league. No joke.