Crawford Rumors Heating Up(Also in link, other Knick Rumors)

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by VintageNYK, Jun 8, 2004.

1. VintageNYK

VintageNYK BBW Member

http://knicks.realgm.com/blog/blogger.php

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">There appears to be more to the projected Allan Houston news story as first reported by Dave D'Alessandro of the Star-Ledger than previously thought. Knicks President Isiah Thomas is in Chicago, but the Pre-Draft Camp at the Moody Bible Institute isn't the only thing on his mind. We've recently learned that talks regarding restricted free agent Jamal Crawford are elevating, a player Thomas has previously coveted during the season. If the Knicks do let Houston's contract go to the expansion Bobcats (who would most likely later trade him to another team such as the Nuggets), the plan is to then follow up by getting Crawford to play alongside Stephon Marbury at the 2 spot.
    </div>

2. BRockwell

BRockwell JBB JustBBall Member

I'm not sure how this would work...Denver doesn't have the cap room to take on Houston's salary and Charlotte won't take a big contract in return. Anyone know how this deal could possibly work? I didn't spend a whole lot of time thinking it through but on the surface it doesn't seem possible. The only way the salaries could match up is if Denver sent both Marcus Camby and Andre Miller to the Bobcats. So the nuggets would get older, lose depth and talent while the Bobcats would have used up around half of their cap space. I can't see how it helps either team.

Am I missing something obvious?

3. Next Level Game

Next Level Game JBB JustBBall Member

I'm not 100% sure, but I remember reading somewhere that after a player is selected in the expansion draft, the Bobcats cannot trade him immediately. They'll have to keep him for a selected amount of time.

With that, the Nuggets won't take Houston. Lenard is more than servicible. They need defense and rebounding, things Houston does not do.

4. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I really dont like this true houston has a big contract and will most likely take him crawford is not nearly as talented a guard as houston and would not fit in for the knicks imo since he shoots under 40 % from the feild and the knicks are a very good shooting team and really settle on a jumper alot more than they really need too. Im also not sure if he would fit in with marbury because he has the reputation in chicago as sort of a ball hog guard who shoots way to much so I wouldnt do it but looks like it might happen