*OFFICIAL* list of unprotected players in the expansion draft

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Accord, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Accord

Accord JBB JustBBall Member

According to NBA rules, the release of the list I am about to post below is strictly prohibited, however the other day the Charlotte Observer newspaper actually posted the list on their website and at that point the NBA decided to allow them to keep the list up and make it public. Here is the official list of players of every single NBA team that will be left unprotected in the upcoming expansion draft on June 22nd. The only teams not listed are the Lakers and Pistons who will make their decisions on who to leave unprotected after the Finals are over.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">ATLANTA: Alan Henderson, F-C, 6-9, 31.

BOSTON: Chucky Atkins, G, 5-11, 29. Ernest Brown*, C, 7-0, 25; Brandon Hunter, F, 6-7, 23; Jumaine Jones, F, 6-8, 25; Michael Stewart, F, 6-10, 29.

CHICAGO: Antonio Davis, C-F, 6-9, 35; Ronald Dupree*, F, 6-7, 23; Marcus Fizer*, F, 6-8, 25; Scottie Pippen, F-G, 6-8, 38; Eddie Robinson, F, 6-9, 28; Jerome Williams, F-C, 6-9, 31.

CLEVELAND: Ruben Boumtje Boumtje*, C, 7-0, 26; Jason Kapono, F, 6-8, 23; Ira Newble, F, 6-7, 29; Kevin Ollie, G, 6-2, 31.

DALLAS: Tariq Abdul-Wahad, F-G, 6-6, 29; Tony Delk, G, 6-2, 30; Danny Fortson, C-F, 6-8, 28; Antoine Walker, F, 6-9, 27.

DENVER: Jeff Trepagnier*, G, 6-4, 24.

GOLDEN STATE: J.R. Bremer*, G, 6-2, 23; Evan Eschmeyer, C, 6-11, 29; Popeye Jones, F, 6-8, 33.

HOUSTON: Adrian Griffin, G-F, 6-5, 29; Eric Piatkowski, G-F, 6-7, 33; Maurice Taylor, F, 6-9, 27.

INDIANA: Jamison Brewer*, G, 6-4 23; Primoz Brezec, C, 7-1, 24; Austin Croshere, F, 6-9, 28; Anthony Johnson, G, 6-3, 29; James Jones, F, 6-8, 23; Scot Pollard F-C, 6-11, 29.

L.A. CLIPPERS: Matt Barnes*, F, 6-7, 24; Keyon Dooling* G, 6-3, 24; Predrag Drobnjak, C, 6-11, 28; Eddie House, G, 6-1, 26; Josh Moore*, C, 7-2, 23.

MEMPHIS: Troy Bell, G, 6-1, 23; Ryan Humphrey, F, 6-8, 24; Dahntay Jones, G-F, 6-6, 23; Bo Outlaw, F, 6-8, 23; Theron Smith, F, 6-8, 23; Jake Tsakalidis*, C, 7-2, 25; Lorenzen Wright, C, 6-11, 28.

MIAMI: Brian Grant, C-F, 6-9, 32; Eddie Jones, G, 6-6, 32; Loren Woods* C, 7-2, 25.

MINNESOTA: Ervin Johnson, C, 6-11, 36.

MILWAUKEE: Brian Skinner, C-F, 6-9, 28; Erick Strickland G, 6-3, 30.

NEW JERSEY: Kerry Kittles, G, 6-5, 30; Alonzo Mourning, C, 6-10, 34; Rodney Rogers, F, 6-7, 32; Tamar Slay*, G, 6-9, 24.

NEW ORLEANS: Courtney Alexander*, G, 6-6, 27, Maurice Carter*, G, 6-5, 27.

NEW YORK: Shandon Anderson, G-F, 6-6, 30; Penny Hardaway, G-F, 6-7, 32; Allan Houston, G, 6-6, 33; Moochie Norris, G, 6-2, 30; Cezary Trybanski C, 7-2, 24.

ORLANDO: Reece Gaines, G, 6-4, 25, Britton Johnsen*, F, 6-10, 24; Zaza Pachulia, C, 6-11, 20; DeShawn Stevenson*, G, 6-5, 25.

PHILADELPHIA: Greg Buckner, F-G, 6-4, 27; Marc Jackson, F-C, 6-10, 29; Todd MacCulloch, C, 7-0, 28; Aaron McKie, G, 6-5, 28; Derrick Coleman, F-C, 6-10, 36.

PHOENIX: Howard Eisley, G, 6-2, 31; Jahidi White, C-F, 6-9, 28.

PORTLAND: Omar Cook, G, 6-1, 22; Dan Dickau, G, 6-0, 25; Desmond Ferguson*, F, 6-7, 26; Eddie Gill, G, 6-0, 25; Ruben Patterson, F-G, 6-5, 28; Vladimir Stepania, C, 7-1, 28; Qyntel Woods, F, 6-8, 23.

SACRAMENTO: Gerald Wallace, F, 6-7, 21.

SAN ANTONIO: Matt Carroll, G, 6-6, 23; Malik Rose, F, 6-7, 29; Charlie Ward, G, 6-2, 33.

SEATTLE: Calvin Booth, C, 6-11, 28; Jerome James, C, 7-1, 28; Richie Frahm*, G, 6-5, 26; Vitaly Potapenko C-F, 6-10, 29.

UTAH: Curtis Borchardt, C, 7-0, 23; Aleksandar Pavlovic, F, 6-7, 20.

WASHINGTON: Lonny Baxter*, F, 6-8, 25; Juan Dixon, G, 6-3, 25; Christian Laettner, F-C, 6-11, 34; Jerry Stackhouse, G-F, 6-6, 29.

* Restricted free agent. If the Bobcats draft a restricted free agent, he immediately becomes an unrestricted free agent and his contract does not count against the Bobcats' salary cap. The team that loses that player is not allowed to re-sign him.</div>

2. Eclipse

Eclipse JBB JustBBall Member

where are the Raptors?

3. og15

og15 JBB *********

They don't have one for the Raptors on there, but I've heard Jalen Rose is on the list, not like the Bobcast would take him anyways, but at least he's on there.

4. Tifo_AC

Tifo_AC JBB JustBBall Member

Antonie Walker ???? :thumbsup:
    How come he is in this list, why didnt Dallas protect him...

There are many good players in the list, Bobcats have many solution for their team

5. Streetball2k5

Streetball2k5 JBB JustBBall Member

They didn't protect Antoine Walker because he has a massive contract, I don't know the number of the top of my head but I dont think the Bobcats want a contract that is half of their teams salary. I think that these are good lists for everyone.

Here is a list of players I think the Cats should look at:

Tony Delk
    Danny Fortson
    Mark Jackson
    Dahntay Jones
    Vitaly Potapotenko
    Gerald Wallace
    Jaun Dixon

6. $hawnMarion31

$hawnMarion31 JBB JustBBall Member

not to say that he cant, and i havent really seen him play but, what can Gerald Wallace bring to the table other than his vertical leap?

7. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Streetball2k3:</div><div class="quote_post">They didn't protect Antoine Walker because he has a massive contract, I don't know the number of the top of my head but I dont think the Bobcats want a contract that is half of their teams salary. I think that these are good lists for everyone.

Here is a list of players I think the Cats should look at:

Tony Delk
    Danny Fortson
    Mark Jackson
    Dahntay Jones
    Vitaly Potapotenko
    Gerald Wallace
    Jaun Dixon</div>

They can't take Forston and Delk, they can only take one player from each team.
    Also Forston makes 5.9 million, and that's not appealing, and Delk is 30 and making 3.1 million, their are many other guards in the other expansion players so they won't take Delk.
    Potapenko isn't good enough for them to take a 6 million contract for him, so no they won't take him.
    Mark Jackson is 29 years old, and makes 4.2 million, I thought of them taking him because of the center need, but I don't know anymore, maybe they'll take Buckner instead.

8. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

Where is Toronto's list?

9. og15

og15 JBB *********

Toronto has (I think): Jalen Rose, Lammond Murray and Milt Palacio, and maybe Alvin Williams or something.

10. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

Does Charlotte get a "regular" draft also, or just from the NBA teams? And if they draft a restricted free-agent, the team that lost the player can't re-sign? For how long?

11. Sergio

Sergio JBB JustBBall Member

They have a 4th pick, yeah

12. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sabretooth:</div><div class="quote_post">Does Charlotte get a "regular" draft also, or just from the NBA teams? And if they draft a restricted free-agent, the team that lost the player can't re-sign? For how long?</div>
    The team can't re-sign that player just for this summer, so basically the player isn't going back the team that left him.

13. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

I pray to the Lord that they will take Ollie.

14. Smoke

Smoke JBB JustBBall Member

I believe the Bobcats should really try to sign Malik Rose from the Spurs.

I think Malik is a solid PF, and I also think that he could be great with a couple of tweeks here and there.

15. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I think the Cats should go for Troy Bell. He was a phenomenal college player and he would definitely be a great young player for that team to build around. And to top it off, he is a point guard who actually went to four years of college, hard to come by one of those anymore. Another one would be Marcus Fizer. Granted he has had injury problems in his years in the NBA thus far, he's still only 25 and could still have great years ahead of him. Another thing looking through it one last time, Lonny Baxter and Juan Dixon would be good if they could get that. So, right now, I'd be looking at, if I were them, those 4 players and than a big man Povolic from Utah.

16. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Players I think Charlotte would take or at least consider taking:

Brandon Hunter-Boston
    Jerome Williams-Chicago
    Adrian Griffin-Houston
    Anthony Johnson-Indiana
    Eddie House-LA Clippers
    Troy Bell-Memphis
    Reece Gaines-Orlando
    Ruben Patterson-Portland
    Gerald Wallace-Sacramento
    Malik Rose-San Antonio
    Lonny Baxter-Washington

I'd be ready to defend any of these choices, so if you have any doubts, Bring It On!!

17. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Don't expect Charlotte to take Williams, Patterson or Rose

Those guys who are stricky role players yet have big contracts, thats not exactly what the Bobcats are looking for. If they wanted to take guys who could strickly produce they would select Allen Houston, Glenn Robinson, Antonie Walker, Jerry Stackhouse e.t.c

They aren't going to take on guys with big contracts

Troy Bell
    Qyntel Woods
    Gerard Wallace
    Brandon Hunter
    Jerome James
    Juan Dixon

Would all seem likely picks.

18. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Does anyone know how many picks they get?

19. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Does anyone know how many picks they get?</div>
    They get 14 picks and one from each team at most.

20. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trip:</div><div class="quote_post">Players I think Charlotte would take or at least consider taking:

Brandon Hunter-Boston
    Jerome Williams-Chicago
    Adrian Griffin-Houston
    Anthony Johnson-Indiana
    Eddie House-LA Clippers
    Troy Bell-Memphis
    Reece Gaines-Orlando
    Ruben Patterson-Portland
    Gerald Wallace-Sacramento
    Malik Rose-San Antonio
    Lonny Baxter-Washington

I'd be ready to defend any of these choices, so if you have any doubts, Bring It On!!</div>
    Jerome Williams is overapaid, don't you think it would make more sense for them to make Marcus Fizer or Ronald Dupree an unrestricted FA and go after them especially since they're much younger?

Eddie House seems likely to me, or they could make Matt Barnes (nooo), or Dooling unrestricted. But House isn't really a PG, and they could just get Dooling in the FA market because the Clippers aren't eager to get him back, I'd go after Barnes, but I hope they don't.

Why would they take Patterson over Qyntel Woods since Patterson makes 5.89 million next season, and he isn't anything special.

Malik Rose is fine, but Brandon Hunter could likely do the same and is not 30 years old, and doesn't have a 5.4 million dollar contract.

If they took Lonny Baxter it would just make him a free agent, taking Stackhouse or Juan Dixon would get them right on their team, so no bargaining needed. They could also likely get Baxter anyways if they wanted.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "AllNet":</div><div class="quote_post">They aren't going to take on guys with big contracts</div>Yea everyone seems to forget that.
    Would they take Jerome James though, that lazy fat slob, who is the Sonics most talented center, but the worst one, and picked up his contract option even though the other players really didn't want him too.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "shapecity":</div><div class="quote_post">Does anyone know how many picks they get?</div>
    They can pick one player from each team so 29 max. Their minimum is 14 players.