What are the Nuggets going to do with Nene?

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by KS1, Jul 22, 2004.

1. KS1

KS1 JBB JustBBall Member

Nene needs time to develop into an All-Star, he can't do it with Martin here. Nene needs to gain experience and be able to play. What do you think he's season is going to be like?

2. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Look, everyone here know's Marcus Camby will get injured sometimes, so when the time come's, Nene will be ready to take the Center position. Also, who says he can't be a quality sixth man? I can see him putting up stats like 12ppg, 9rpg, and 3apg. Now they won't be THAT good, but close to there. Not a lot of people know he's a pretty good passer from the low post. I watched the Denver Minnesota series, and I was impressed.

3. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

We know that Nene can play, probably everyone has seen him in a game or two on TV he's really good and better than Camby IMO. I gotta feeling they want Nene to be real good real quick... They should start him at center and have Camby coming off the bench.

4. Bobcats

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting buckets_42:</div><div class="quote_post">We know that Nene can play, probably everyone has seen him in a game or two on TV he's really good and better than Camby IMO. I gotta feeling they want Nene to be real good real quick... They should start him at center and have Camby coming off the bench.</div>

[​IMG] [​IMG] No way Nene is better than Camby. Camby can score when needed to, he's an amazing rebounder and has great defence. Also, you don't pay someone $65 Million to come off of the bench.

5. 8Chuck

8Chuck JBB JustBBall Member

Nen? is going to come off the bench for the moment, but he'll be backing up two positions. Not only that, but the big five I've posted recently (Miller, 'Melo, Martin, Nen?, Marcus), which Bzdelik may bring out against bigger units, will give him more burn at the four. I doubt he'll play anything less than twenty-five minutes a night and, when Camby is out, he'll be looking at something more like thirty-five. They'll increase every season as he improves.

6. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

No way in hell with Camby come off the bench. He has a hefty contract. I do agree that Nene needs to develop more. He needs alot more playin time. Im not sure if he fits the 6th man role. He can be an all-star, but he needs more time on the floor. 50/50 maybe?

7. jbb94ftOfTherapy

jbb94ftOfTherapy JBB JustBBall Member

you kno theres also some speculation that the nugs linup will look like this

pg-andre miller
    sg-melo
    sf-k mart
    pf-nene
    c-camby

8. typemilitant

typemilitant JBB JustBBall Member

He'll be good coming off the bench for K, if not, starting at Center.

9. typemilitant

typemilitant JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">you kno theres also some speculation that the nugs linup will look like this

pg-andre miller
    sg-melo
    sf-k mart
    pf-nene
    c-camby
    </div>

that's also a great line-up, that's good!

10. jbb94ftOfTherapy

jbb94ftOfTherapy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting typemilitant:</div><div class="quote_post">that's also a great line-up, that's good!</div>

yup k-marts agent porposed this idea when he visited denver and said martin can gaurd any small foward in the league n hell galdly do it but i think its all up to wether bzdelik wants 2 great 6th men and wether or not melo wants to compete with the gaurds in this league

11. Bobcats

We all know Melo is the next HUGE superstar in this league, and his jumper is already looking pretty decent, and if you watched the playoffs, his rebounding is great. He'll become a better passer in time, and won't have to force shots up when his shots arn't falling now that he has a second option to go to in Martin. I say keep him at SF so his inside game will get better and he'll be able to have a lot of options to score whether it be the jumper, slashing, or posting up. And to add his defence is pretty decent already too. So I say put Nene on the bench, and when the time comes (When Camby gets injured) put him at C.