Thread: Ideas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
  1. TOP #51
    ZAE is developing a reputation ZAE's Avatar

Default Re: Ideas

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaPackersGb)</div><div class='quotemain'>On most forums im at theres a easy way to see if theres a new topic somewhere. I suggest for here somehow the pictures for each team for that forum changes to let me know if theres something new. Like at the old NFL-Forums, Bronco should know what that is.</div>You should see new topics and posts on the home page.

2. TOP #52
    Kid Chocolate is developing a reputation

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Is there anyway to change the display time from 24 hour to 12 hour?</p>

</div></p>

3. TOP #53
    Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane's Avatar It's not even loaded!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kid Chocolate)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Is there anyway to change the display time from 24 hour to 12 hour?</p>

</div></p>

</div></p>

Some of the times are physically printed in the news articles, so in order to keep things consistent across the whole site, I'm doing 24 hour time everywhere.</p>

That's the reasoning behind it.</p>

If people think it's OK to have the mixed times, then I can easily make some of the times 12 hours.</p>

The AM or PM on the end also makes the time stamps an extra 3 characters, which can make stuff in the tables (like standings, lists of threads, etc.) word wrap.</p>

</p>
    You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter lets him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says 'Who's that?' St. Peter says, 'Oh, that's God. Thinks he's Denny Crane.

When you say my name, say it like you really mean it!
    Check out my blog here
    R.I.P. MGB - you will be missed

4. TOP #54
    Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane's Avatar It's not even loaded!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Z&AElig</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaPackersGb)</div><div class='quotemain'>On most forums im at theres a easy way to see if theres a new topic somewhere. I suggest for here somehow the pictures for each team for that forum changes to let me know if theres something new. Like at the old NFL-Forums, Bronco should know what that is.</div>You should see new topics and posts on the home page.
    </div></p>

threads that you've read have non-bolded links. Threads you haven't, or that have new posts in them are bolded links. If you've read a thread and come back some time later and there's new posts, there's an additional icon next to the thread title (in the list of threads).</p>

</p>
    You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter lets him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says 'Who's that?' St. Peter says, 'Oh, that's God. Thinks he's Denny Crane.

Check out my blog here

5. TOP #55

<font color="#0000ff"><font color="#000080">I don't know when the Recent activity was added to each sports section but very nice idea. I just noticed the feature and was going to suggest it earlier today.</font></font>
    [img]/img/s/cheers.gif[/img]

6. TOP #56

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Weasel)</div><div class='quotemain'><font color="#0000ff"><font color="#000080">I don't know when the Recent activity was added to each sports section but very nice idea. I just noticed the feature and was going to suggest it earlier today.</font>
    </font></div>
    </p>

It's my latest invention. Software that reads your mind and implements itself.</p>

</p>

Check out my blog here

7. TOP #57

Is there a way to get the "Heartbeat" feature or something like it for posts?
    Like when there is a new post or thread it will automaticly show up under recent activity without having to reload the page. </p>

8. TOP #58

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Z&AElig</div><div class='quotemain'>

Is there a way to get the "Heartbeat" feature or something like it for posts?
    Like when there is a new post or thread it will automaticly show up under recent activity without having to reload the page. </p>

</div></p>

Of course it could be done, and I certainly thought about it. Not a lot of work, either. Thing is, you'd hate to have the list change order while you were trying to click on a link. That, and I want the page view </p>

</p>

Check out my blog here

9. TOP #59
    Petey is developing a reputation Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer!

I need to make this suggestion due to my own mistake of sorts.</p>

I'd like to see each member be able to set their own filters to make the site safe for work/home based on what they want to view. Of course this doesn't mean the board will be a free for all.</p>

There are rules, and there are people who have higher standards that should be accomidated too.</p>

-Petey</p>

10. TOP #60

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Petey)</div><div class='quotemain'>

I'd like to see each member be able to set their own filters to make the site safe for work/home based on what they want to view. Of course this doesn't mean the board will be a free for all.</p>

There are rules, and there are people who have higher standards that should be accomidated too. </p>

-Petey </p>

</div></p>

There's still going to be a global profanity filter. Don't want guests to have to see bad things.</p>

</p>

Check out my blog here

11. TOP #61

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Denny Crane)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Petey)</div><div class='quotemain'>

There are rules, and there are people who have higher standards that should be accomidated too. </p>

-Petey </p>

</div></p>

There's still going to be a global profanity filter. Don't want guests to have to see bad things.</p>

</p>

</div></p>

I know, but one personally members can add words to.</p>

-Petey</p>

12. TOP #62

Has the drop down menu's at the top been running slow for anyone else? I always have to wait a couple seconds after everything on the page is finished before I can use it..</p>

Can we put a college football forum in the works? I'm not real crazy with the idea of individual NFL team forums.. That was a problem I had with the other site and didn't like when they expanded it.</p>

Is "Favorites" basically what "USER CP" was on the other site?</p>

Is there any way I can change the settings to view more posts per page than I can now?</p>

13. TOP #63

[quote name='Luke Skywalker']

Has the drop down menu's at the top been running slow for anyone else? I always have to wait a couple seconds after everything on the page is finished before I can use it..</p>

[/QUOTE]</p>

Welcome to the wonderful world of j&#097;v&#097;script. The code has to download and initialize before any of it runs.</p>

</p>

Can we put a college football forum in the works? I'm not real crazy with the idea of individual NFL team forums.. That was a problem I had with the other site and didn't like when they expanded it.</p>
    </p>

We'll be having college football soon. Right now I have a few things on my plate that are a little higher priority. Realize we have 600 or so NFL fans as members now. The NFL forums should be quite popular once NFL news/season heats up.</p>

</p>

Is "Favorites" basically what "USER CP" was on the other site?</p>
    </p>

No, Portal is what UserCP is on vb3 sites. Favorites is like bookmarks. You add favorites by clicking on the button on the page you want to bookmark. You can remove a favorite by clicking on the "remove favorite" button on a page you've already made a favorite. Favorites appear on your favorites menu and on your Portal page. You can delete favorites on the Portal page by clicking on the red X next to the link.</p>

</p>

Is there any way I can change the settings to view more posts per page than I can now?</p>
    </p>

This is another thing in the works.</p>

</p>

Check out my blog here

14. TOP #64

Will we eventually be able to have member profiles something like VB sites; like birthdate, age, location, bio etc. in them? I'd also like to see members screen names for AIM, yahoo etc. </p>

They are some little things that count.</p>

15. TOP #65

Yes

Check out my blog here

16. TOP #66
    DP has written some things that people like DP has written some things that people like DP's Avatar He shoots, he scores!

Arena Football Team forums?
    Heat Suck, Lakers Suck, Celtics Suck, Blazers Suck.

17. TOP #67

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaPackersGb)</div><div class='quotemain'>Arena Football Team forums?</div></p>

We got 'em, they're just not being shown. Since the season is over, I didn't put them up yet. Can do it, and absolutely plan to do it. Probably sooner than later, too.</p>

There's over 8000 forums on this site already, 1000+ for NCAA football, 1000+ for NCAA basketball, and so on. When I do forums for sports like these, they'll be like the NFL, MLB, and NBA ones - team forums, team stats, schedules, the works.</p>

</p>

Check out my blog here

18. TOP #68
    DP has written some things that people like DP has written some things that people like DP's Avatar He shoots, he scores!

Holy crap man...Lol. Okay cool. I was also thinking of the minor Hockey league where the Wolves are in, you doing that as well?
    Heat Suck, Lakers Suck, Celtics Suck, Blazers Suck.

19. TOP #69

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaPackersGb)</div><div class='quotemain'>Holy crap man...Lol. Okay cool. I was also thinking of the minor Hockey league where the Wolves are in, you doing that as well?</div></p>

We're really in the early stages of S2. By next year, we'll have ECHL, AHL, WHL, NHL, USHL, and so on. Not every league/team/sport is as well "developed" in terms of the kind of content we get in the feed, but I'll do my best to make 'em all look good. For example, for soccer, there's a good bit of news for many of the overseas soccer leagues, but there's many times more MISL type files of information.</p>

</p>

Check out my blog here

20. TOP #70
    CelticKing has written some things that people like CelticKing has written some things that people like CelticKing's Avatar The Green Monster

Will the server be able to handle all those forums and all the posters we'll get in the future?
    <div align="center">

</div>

21. TOP #71

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing)</div><div class='quotemain'>Will the server be able to handle all those forums and all the posters we'll get in the future?</div></p>

I think the servers we have will handle the new sites we're about to integrate. We're going to buy really big fast servers very soon and move to those. We're committed to making it work and work fast and work all the time.</p>

</p>

Check out my blog here

22. TOP #72

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing)</div><div class='quotemain'>Will the server be able to handle all those forums and all the posters we'll get in the future?</div></p>

I hope there is a point where it can't. That just means buy another (more) servers! </p>

-Petey</p>

23. TOP #73
    CelticKing has written some things that people like CelticKing has written some things that people like CelticKing's Avatar The Green Monster

At least during the NBA draft. lol </p>

</p>

</p>
    <div align="center">

</div>

24. TOP #74

FWIW</p>

The servers I'm looking at... I think ONE might get us well over 5,000 users online banging away on the reload button. Two and I think we might handle 30,000. </p>

</p>

Check out my blog here

25. TOP #75

Are they pretty expensive?
    <div align="center">

</div>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information