Kidd wants to move to the West

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by Knicks Analyst, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Knicks Analyst

Knicks Analyst JBB ? Israel ?

The Lakers, Mavs and Spurs all possible.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The San Antonio Spurs, Los Angeles Lakers and Dallas Mavericks are the three teams that most intrigue Jason Kidd as possible destinations if he demands a trade from the New Jersey Nets, league sources told ESPN.com.

Kidd has expressed interest in moving to each of those teams in the past month, sources said, in the wake of the Nets discarding starters Kenyon Martin and Kerry Kittles.

Kidd wants out after seeing several teammates leave N.J.

Kidd was on the verge of leaving New Jersey and signing outright with San Antonio in July 2003, but sources indicate that the Spurs -- on top of concerns about Kidd's surgically repaired left knee -- now feel they lack the financial flexibility to bring Kidd in via trade after re-signing Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili and adding Rasho Nesterovic and Brent Barry over the past two summers.</div>
    Full ESPN Story

2. JasonKidd

JasonKidd JBB JustBBall Member

Jason Kidd needs to get out of New Jersey! The Nets roster now looks like this:

Roster:

Brandon Armstrong (FA)
    Rodney Buford
    Jason Collins
    Hubert Davis (FA)
    Kyle Davis
    Christian Drejer
    Lucious Harris
    Richard Jefferson
    Jason Kidd
    Nenad Krstic
    Zoran Planinic
    Brian Scalabrine
    Jacque Vaughn
    Aaron Williams

On NBA.com it says that Alonzo Morning is still on the team but he retired this year so that's not true. It also says that Rodney Rogers is on the team but he's leaving for somewhere near Florida or in Florida.

This is going to be one of the worst teams in the league next year unfortunatley. New Jersey just went from one of the best teams in the league, to one of the worst teams in the league.

Losing K-Mart was one of the worst things to happen to the Nets. A versatile strong, quick for his size, leapy player with tons of skill. This really hurts the Nets.

I thought at first that the K-Mart trade worst trade of this and last off-season...until I heard about Kerry Kittles getting traded for one second round draft pick...Kerry Kittles was great this year and played well when he needed too. He's a good scorer and has a good mid range jumper.

After I herd about these two trades the first thing I though of was Jason Kidd. All Kidd has to play with now is Richard Jefferson. I knew that Jason Kidd would be mad seen as the reason he re-signed with the Nets was to play with Kenyon Martin, Kerry Kittles and Richard Jefferson. Kidd also just signed a huge contract last year, which puts him out of the free agent pool for a few years.

Kidd at Dallas would be HUGE. He belongs in the west coast, and the best pure point guard in the league with Dirk Nowitzki, Michael Finley, Jerry Stackhouse, Antoine Walker, (who if Kidd gets traded to Dallas will most likely be involved in the trade) Marquis Daniels and Josh Howard could kill...if he went there, Dallas would for sure be my leading contender for the Championship run.

Jason Kidd at San Antonio would be great too. They have lot's of great quality players there that could be traded and still leave a great team for Kidd to join. Tim Duncan, Jason Kidd, (tony Parker would probobly be traded) Brent Barry, Emanuel Ginobli, Robert Horry, Bruce Bowen and Radoslav Nesterovic would be a sick team.

I can't see Kidd as a Laker, but Kidd, Kobe, Lamar Odom, Gary Payton, Caron Butler, vlade Divac, and POSSIBLY Karl Malone would be sick though.

If Kidd goes to Dallas this is my prediction for what the trade might look like:

To Dallas:

Jason Kidd

To New Jersey:

Antoine Walker
    Josh Howard
    Pavel Podkolzin
    MAYBE Cash or Draft Pick

If Jason Kidd went to San Antonio:

To San Antonio:

Jason Kidd

To New Jersey:

Tony Parker
    Devin Brown
    Malik Rose

If Jason Kidd were to go to Los Angelos:

To Los Angelos:

Jason Kidd

To New Jersey:

Caron Butler, or Gary Payton (Maybe not Payton though because he is getting close to retirement.)
    Kareem Rush
    Luke Walton
    Cash or Draft Pick

Either way I don't care which of these three teams he goes to, but Jason Kidd better get out of New Jersey soon, because look out for a downhill season and things are only going to get worse!

3. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Does Kidd have a no trade clause in his contract or can the Nets trade him to any team they want?

4. Miami's Finest

Miami's Finest JBB JustBBall Member

Those are the teams that intrigue him but the Lakers don't seem interested.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"Lakers, meanwhile, don't appear interested in taking on Kidd's contract, sources said, since a Kidd-Kobe Bryant backcourt partnership would keep L.A. well over the salary cap for the rest of the decade."</div>

He's injury proned and his contract is pretty heavy

5. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

The Lakers dont want him,

The Spurs would be stupid to give up the younger Parker for kidd, it might ,make them a front runner for the chip next year but guess what they already are the front runners for the chip, so it isnt needed. Plus the Spurs system will not take full advantage of kidd's attributes. The Spurs play alot of Pick & Roll between the PF & PG, but kidd doesnt play that syle. And I cant really see him being all that effective in that style because he doesnt shoot the perimeter shot well. Also Kidd really flourishes when he is playing alongside the moible & athletic bigmen, A K-Mart in Jersey, Mcdyess in PHX, A younger Cliff Robinson in PHX etc. I mean Duncan is a great player but I dont really see him in an up & down 24/7 system like Kidd will bring. So I think Parker, who brings more of a mixuture between half-court & open court is better for there team actually.

So that leaves Dallas as the only legit choice but I dont want the Nets to bit on what they will probably offer. Jason Kidd even coming off Knee surgery is worth more than Josh Howard & future cap space(in the form of Antawn Walker). They will have to involve a 3rd team for it to truely work imo.

6. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Lakers- Kobe and Kidd will put them over the salary cap till the end of this decade alone

Spurs- Parker is 9 years younger, and is cheaper. Maybe not the true point like Kidd, but I wouldn't want to fix something that isn't broken.

Mavs- If the Mavs did not want to sign Nash, who is one year younger than Kidd for 12 million a year, then why would trade for Kidd who has the same amount of years left on his contract as Nash's, and much more money left. They got Harris on their team already, and is 10 years younger than Kidd, and will probably spend the next 5 years left on Kidds huge contract, playing behind him.

7. Windmill360?

Windmill360? JBB JustBBall Member

Because you wouldn't be adding to the payroll. You would be getting rid of one or two other contracts in the process.

8. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Windmill360?:</div><div class="quote_post">Because you wouldn't be adding to the payroll. You would be getting rid of one or two other contracts in the process.</div>

What team are you reffering to? If the Mavs acquire Kidd, they basically traded away salary cap relief in Walker, and prefered Kidd and his contract over Nash and his chemistry which he already built with the Mavs. And also a wasted draft pick in Harris, who'll be playing behind Kidd for the next 5 years, or maybe the next 3 or 4, because he might bolt after his rookie contract is done, and then it'll be too late to trade Kidd away because he'll be around 36 with more injury problems and very hard to trade contract.

9. jbbNJNetz

jbbNJNetz JBB JustBBall Member

kidd could go to almost any team and make it work just look what he did with New Jersey

10. Ancientmtk

Ancientmtk JBB JustBBall Member

Kidd to Nuggets. To reunite with the best man he can play with.

11. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

I'd like to see a deal with the Warriors.

Nets Acquire
    Claxton
    Pietrus
    Cliff Robinson
    Evan Eschmeyer

Golden State Acquires
    Jason Kidd

This allows them to go in the summer and being able to persuit Abdur-Rahim and fills their void at the SG spot, and also gives them a point guard to replace Kidd.

Golden State won't be winning for a while, so if they want to win in this decade, then acquiring Jason Kidd will be wise and could potentially bring them into the playoffs.

12. Netsfan501

Netsfan501 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Banks:</div><div class="quote_post">I'd like to see a deal with the Warriors.

Nets Acquire
    Claxton
    Pietrus
    Cliff Robinson
    Evan Eschmeyer

Golden State Acquires
    Jason Kidd

This allows them to go in the summer and being able to persuit Abdur-Rahim and fills their void at the SG spot, and also gives them a point guard to replace Kidd.

Golden State won't be winning for a while, so if they want to win in this decade, then acquiring Jason Kidd will be wise and could potentially bring them into the playoffs.</div>I think that trade could be possible. DOnt forget taht if kidd goes to the warriors he would play in his hometown area.

13. Next Level Game

Next Level Game JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Nets Acquire
    Claxton
    Pietrus
    Cliff Robinson
    Evan Eschmeyer

Golden State Acquires
    Jason Kidd</div>

Horrible. Just horrible. Pietrus is getting better, but Exchemeyer's contract is horrible for a 12th man. He's making 3 mil a year and 4 mil his last year, that goes up in 2006-07. Not to mention that all these players does not equal Kidd's value.

And most importantly Kidd won't go anywhere with the team. He wants to go to a contender to get a ring. He wouldn't be any better in Golden State than he would be in Jersey.

14. wink3fan

wink3fan JBB JustBBall Member

what about to houston?

15. dakeem1

dakeem1 JBB JustBBall Member

i wish.. haha.. theres no way the rockets could afforf kidd's contract, and have no one of real trade value left. the only position that the rockets are in abundance of is the PF position, and those are either Mo Taylor, Juwan Howard, or Weatherspoon. Taylor is 2 valuable 2 get rid off, and the other 2 are overpaid: and the nets are clearing salary right? only other players that houston wud bother to offer are piatowski, padgett,or adrian griffin. now thats a pretty crap selection if u ask me..

basically, the rockets have no one to give for kidd.

16. Next Level Game

Next Level Game JBB JustBBall Member

Maurice Taylor is overpaid. He's getting nearly 9 mil per season.

17. Smoke

Smoke JBB JustBBall Member

did you know Maurice taylor...........

........... If i'm not mistaken was apart othe select few players that included timmy duncan that played against the all stars a little while back.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting nextlevelgame:</div><div class="quote_post">Maurice Taylor is overpaid. He's getting nearly 9 mil per season.</div>Both taylor, timm, Chauncey billups, and Brian skinner from the sixers were chosen on the team also.

Brian skinner was kinda shocked me but i did see alot of potential when i saw him play for the sixers i just didnt know the NBA thought he had potential that much also.

My point for those comments was that i think maurice taylor is actually a great aquisition to have on a team so i dont think the nets would be getting jipped if they did a deal of this caliber especially if they are rebuilding.

Though insted of seeing Taylor in a nets uni for jason kidd i would rather see wilcox because i have seen tatylors skills and i think the rockc need him more than the clips need Wilcox.

<div align="center"><font face="Garamond"><font size="4"><u>i hope everything works out for kidd</u></font></font></div>
    <div align="center"></div>
    <div align="right"> </div>
    <div align="right">all in all i think Kidds best bet would be to work with ( no D ) Dirk and co. over witht he mavs</div>

18. KobeBryantUnleashed

KobeBryantUnleashed JBB JustBBall Member

I hope he comes to the lakers but i dont think it will happen, he wants to much $$$$

19. Miami's Finest

Miami's Finest JBB JustBBall Member

theres rumors that he might be returning to the mavericks

20. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting nextlevelgame:</div><div class="quote_post">Horrible. Just horrible. Pietrus is getting better, but Exchemeyer's contract is horrible for a 12th man. He's making 3 mil a year and 4 mil his last year, that goes up in 2006-07. Not to mention that all these players does not equal Kidd's value.

And most importantly Kidd won't go anywhere with the team. He wants to go to a contender to get a ring. He wouldn't be any better in Golden State than he would be in Jersey.</div>

By the time the Eschymeyers contract is up, the Nets will be moving to brooklyn. Given the ownership the cap space and flexibility they want in the offseason to carve their own team. The only big contract they would have would be RJ's and a mid-level one in Claxton, so in that offseason, they'll have the cap space they want to get the FA's they would want to bring to the team. It'll be somewhat the same situation with the Hawks and their ownership this year with Billy Knight, except the Jefferson is a better Franchise guy than Terry.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    The trade increases the likelihood that Jason Kidd will be staying with the New Jersey Nets. One source close to Kidd told ESPN.com last week that Dallas' Mark Cuban appeared to be the only owner in the league willing to absorb the remaining five years and $90 million on Kidd's contract in a trade.

But with the Nets not ready to deal Kidd -- and Kidd not yet demanding a trade -- Cuban opted for an immediate move to help fill the void at point guard created by Steve Nash's departure.

Although Terry is much more of a shooting guard than Nash, he has only two seasons left on a three-year, $24 million deal signed last summer -- making Terry a trade asset as well as a potential Nash replacement. Henderson is entering the final season of a seven-year, $45 million deal, meaning the Mavericks will still have two expiring contracts on the payroll -- Henderson and Christian Laettner -- to peddle in additional trades between now and February.

In Walker, Atlanta gets a former Eastern Conference All-Star who was shopped to several teams because he, too, is in the final year of his contract. Walker thus has ample motivation to put forth a strong season, although he had hoped to go to New York (Isiah Thomas is a 'Toine fan) or Philadelphia (whose new coach is Jim O'Brien, Walker's former boss in Boston).

Sources said the Mavericks have not ruled out pursuing Kidd later in the season, after Kidd proves his health following July 1 knee surgery. Acquiring Terry gives Dallas a point guard to offer New Jersey down the road while also protecting the Mavericks in case they can't strike a deal with the Nets. </div>

The last bold statement, could happen, with Terry going and fillers to NJ for Kidd. However this might not happen until NEXT offseason, because it'll be the last year Terry has on his contract and the Nets would like to acquire someone with his ability and contract. However Kidd could be gone by then.