Even more problems with our PG issue!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by dakeem1, Aug 8, 2004.

1. dakeem1

dakeem1 JBB JustBBall Member

Check out the transactions page at nba.com

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Aug 6:
    Boston re-signs Chris Mihm and trades him, along with Chucky Atkins, Marcus Banks and a second-round pick, to L.A. Lakers for Gary Payton, Rick Fox and a first-round pick
    L.A. Lakers sign rookie free agent Tony Bobbitt

New Jersey signs Eric Williams

Miami signs Damon Jones</div>

Last line, Miami signs Damon Jones??? Thats a catastrophe for the rockets. Not only is Damon taken, but since the Sonics didn't sign him, I doubt we could get a trade for Antonio Daniels. uh oh... me might aswell get the welcome party ready for Charlie Ward already. I'm sure we can still survive with a guard rotation. Lue and Gaines, and hopefully Jackson could do that, but Damon Jones and Antonio Daniels were our best bets.

Thoughts anyone?

2. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    As a matter of fact, I don't think Ward will start at PG even if he comes. He is at an age where his body can no longer take the pressure of playing 30 minutes each game for 82 games. Lue will start, but this time around he will have nice mentors in Mark Jackson and Ward. I also expect to see situations where McGrady moves to point guard, Jackson moves to shooting guard and Nachbar gets more time at the three. We also have another big PG in Gaines who has the potential to be great.

3. Johnny33

Johnny33 JBB JustBBall Member

the good thing (thinking positively but still worried about the PG situation) is we have Jim Jackson and Tracy McGrady who can both handle the ball on the wing... Nachbar can handle the ball as well. Rockets might be ok with Lue (when the otehr team is turning up the ball pressure) and Ward, they may not need to handle the ball so much, but they'll definitely need them to hit open outside jumpers.

4. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

If nothing else happens, I would like to see us re-sign Mark Jackson and have him split the minutes with Ty Lue as the starter...Jackson is still capable of being a solid backup, IMO, and I think he'd be a great mentor to Lue and Gaines...plus this would also open up the opportunity for Gaines to see spot minutes as well...I'd be content with a PG platoon of Lue/Jackson/Gaines, and just wait and see what pops up next summer...

5. dakeem1

dakeem1 JBB JustBBall Member

anyway to delete this post? lol.. sura and ward.. WOW!!! nice stuff.. i think sura wud make a gewd pg..