Yao Considering Retirement

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by Midnight Green, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Dejected after another disappointing international basketball performance in a loss to Spain at the Olympic Games Sunday, China's Yao Ming said he was considering cutting short his national team career.

China came into the Olympic tournament with high hopes resting mainly on the broad shoulders of the 23-year-old 7-foot-6 center.

But the team, which has enlisted the help of long-time NBA coach Del Harris, failed badly in its first outing, getting thoroughly outplayed by the Spaniards in an 83-59 loss.

"I feel so disappointed. I lost all my hopes for this team. We changed our skin, but we are the same. Just like the world championships in Indianapolis two years ago," a visibly upset Yao told reporters after the game.

Yao has blossomed into a major international figure since joining the NBA's Houston Rockets in 2002 and China selected him to carry the flag during the Olympic opening ceremony. </div>

link

This is the same guy who a couple days befor ethe game said he would shave if they didnt finish 8 or better. Now he is considering retiring after a bad lose. He needs to rise up and be a leader for his team since he is the best player on it no question. Hopefully he will do it.

2. Smoke

Smoke JBB JustBBall Member

does yao still play for china in offseason.

If he does i think this move might be good for yao now he can focus his game on the nba and help his team here go far. Maybe this move could help him form being so exhausted.

So now will we see yao next year with a beard.

3. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Quickness:</div><div class="quote_post">If he does i think this move might be good for yao now he can focus his game on the nba and help his team here go far. Maybe this move could help him form being so exhausted.</div>

He can't retire before Beijing 2008. China really wouldn't have anyone to rely on to win games.

4. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

Pure Skillz, wtf were you thinking when you made the title of this thread? It is extremely misleading.

5. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">Pure Skillz, wtf were you thinking when you made the title of this thread? It is extremely misleading.</div>
    Exactly it catures the readers attention. Automatically when you look at this title you want to click on it because you are thinking wtf Yao cant retire. Prove being that you posted here just to ask the title. It gets peoples attention.

6. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pure Skillz:</div><div class="quote_post">Exactly it catures the readers attention. Automatically when you look at this title you want to click on it because you are thinking wtf Yao cant retire. Prove being that you posted here just to ask the title. It gets peoples attention.</div>
    Attention is good, but truth is more important than attention. If you'd read the article carefully, you'd have seen this:<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"I didn't play well either. I am thinking about retiring from the national team. Not now, but soon I will. In Indianapolis I was the youngest player, now I am an elder, but still there is no hope for us."</div>

After that, I don't see a point in making up a lie just to garner some replies.

<font color="red">Thread Locked</font>