Baron Davis

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Stockton

Stockton JBB

With all the recent specualtion surrounding Baron Davis and a trade, do you think Utah has anything worth offering for him? Is he worth it? Discuss the possibilities...

2. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

Obviously, if Utah offered Kirilenko, New Orleans would jump on that deal, but that's not a fair trade for Utah in my opinion. So, taking AK out of the equation, it would be tough to get a deal going.

New Orleans would probably look for a young franchise-type player, a swingman, and rookies. They'd also prefer to get a point guard in return, because trading away Davis would leave them with elderly Darrell Armstrong and unproven Alex Garcia at PG, but I don't see how Utah could give up Arroyo or Lopez unless they signed another player who could step up, which is rather unlikely.

Money wise and talent-wise, either Boozer or Okur would fit as one player in the equation, and probably be considered the main part of the trade, with Boozer having much better trade value. Of course they couldn't be traded until December when their restriction ran out, so that dampens the reality of any trade happening anytime soon.

Utah could probably give up Harpring or Giricek to fill New Orleans' need at SG/SF. So either one of those would be the second player. They might also consider Bell.

Utah has two great rookies, or they could give away a future draft pick. If I were New Orleans, I'd try to pry one of the rookies away now, though.

So, if Utah really wanted Davis and offered their best package (absent AK), I think it'd be Boozer, Harpring, and Snyder. (About $16 million total salary, there). New Orleans still might not accept this deal because they already have Magloire and Brown in their frontcourt. Thus, my conclusion: not sure?

3. spark22

spark22 JBB JustBBall MVP

Obiviously, if the Jazz want Davis, which I don't think they do, they would have to have a third team in the equation. That would be sure, but would the Jazz want to give up Harpring, Boozer, Synder, Okur, etc. for one player? And when you at the numbers is Davis really worth that much and would he fit into the Jerry Sloan system or are we just as good with Arroyo? I would just stay with what we got, Arroyo and Lopez will do me just fine this year.

4. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Utah trades: SF Matt Harpring (16.2 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 36.6 minutes)
    SG Gordan Giricek (11.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.7 apg in 28.0 minutes)
    PG Raul Lopez (7.0 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 3.7 apg in 19.7 minutes)
    Utah receives: PG Baron Davis (22.9 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 7.5 apg in 40.1 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -11.6 ppg, -8.7 rpg, and +0.1 apg.

New Orleans trades: PG Baron Davis (22.9 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 7.5 apg in 40.1 minutes)
    New Orleans receives: SF Matt Harpring (16.2 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 2.0 apg in 31 games)
    SG Gordan Giricek (11.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.7 apg in 73 games)
    PG Raul Lopez (7.0 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 3.7 apg in 82 games)
    Change in team outlook: +11.6 ppg, +8.7 rpg, and -0.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to New Orleans being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. New Orleans had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

www.realgm.com, Trade ID - 1909698

NO already have Jamal Mashburn though, this was the best I could come up with that was realistic for both teams. So as Spark22 said, this wont happen without a 3rd team.

5. og15

og15 JBB *********

Can't happen, Utah just doesn't have the players to give, AK's contract is too small, and they already have PG's, so trading AK for a PG would be bad, and the Hornets will want a franchise player back, the Jazz don't have that after AK really.

6. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

I dont seeing it happening even if AK was in the deal,here is why,if the Hornets trade Baron Davis I am sure they are going to want somebody huge in return,also the Hornets are at the bottom of the charts with ticket sales and trading away propbably the player that attracts the little amount of fans,for a player like AK who isnt huge yet,would not be a smart move for the Hornets organization.

7. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Even though it wont happen, I would love to see Baron Davis in Utah. Last season at times Utah struggled with scoring, Baron Davis would really help out this problem and he can still rack up the assists. He's an improvement on Arroyo, and Utah could be a great team with him(although they wont get him).

8. BabyBoy714

BabyBoy714 JBB JustBBall Member

Ay I herd that jam with shaq dissin Kobe! And Shaq is wrong 4 doing what he did, and now i look down at shaq. I realli liked shaq as a player and as a individual, but he's a punk now!Im glad Kobe got rid of him!I think Kobe Bryant is the best player in the league as week speak, and he still has 2 b in his prime!I hope Kobe dunks all ovr shaq when they play the Heat!