Rick Fox

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by grinder333, Sep 8, 2004.

1. grinder333

grinder333 JBB JustBBall Member

Sooooooooooo what are Rick Fox's plans? I haven't seen him mentioned here at all. I had heard that he was planning to retire and of course he is probably a little tied up with the divorce thing.

2. hagrid

hagrid JBB JustBBall Member

I can't speak for everyon else, but I certainly hope he retires. If he comes to Boston, I'm going to boo him every damn game he plays in. He burned his bridge to Boston, plain and simple.

However, to answer your question, I haven't seen him make any official statement on his plans and that would have been hard to miss, since I've been searching diligently for any news on the C's, particularly hoping for some kind of statement from Payton on his intentions.

3. onetwo88

onetwo88 JBB JustBBall Member

Fox needs to just go, he's like 90 years old and not needed in boston

4. ranter

ranter JBB JustBBall Member

there was a rumor of him announcing his retirement at a UNC alumni banquet, but I'm not sure if that was accurate or what that would mean salary cap-wise

5. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I like Fox so for his good I hope he retires he will be hurting his career in general if he goes to Boston. The fans dislike him, he is old, will probably not see many minutes, and will come out with a new hair style to further embaress him self (joking about that part). Though honestly I heard a analyst say this once , but forgot his name played for the Spurs he said he was happy when he retired because he was not getting any minutes behind the young spurs I think Fox would feel the same way.

6. grinder333

grinder333 JBB JustBBall Member

As a fellow Canadian I've been following his career closely since he was at UNC, and as a Rick Fox fan I must admit I'd like to see him come back for his last year. The celts have a lot of young players and having a 13 year vet around would be a benefit to them. Fox has just gotten divorced and everyone knows he wants an entertainment career when basketball is done, so this subject remains UP IN THE AIR.

7. GraphicXpert

GraphicXpert JBB JustBBall Member

I watched an interview with him back in 02 on fox sports news from Staples when we used to get that programme.He swore that if he is traded from LA ,he will retire.I dont think he wants to move from LA.+he will go full time into acting and modelling.

8. hagrid

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Though honestly I heard a analyst say this once , but forgot his name played for the Spurs he said he was happy when he retired because he was not getting any minutes behind the young spurs I think Fox would feel the same way.</div>

I know you said you couldn't remember his name, but perhaps Steve Kerr? He fits both parts of that, played for Spurs near end of career and is an analyst.

9. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting hagrid:</div><div class="quote_post">I know you said you couldn't remember his name, but perhaps Steve Kerr? He fits both parts of that, played for Spurs near end of career and is an analyst.</div>
    No it was not Kerr he was how should I say it african american. I ill try to remember I think it was something elliot maybe.

10. hagrid

Could be S. Elliot, but I only recall him sitting because of his health. Mario Ellie does occasional analyst work also.

11. Midnight Green

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting hagrid:</div><div class="quote_post">Could be S. Elliot, but I only recall him sitting because of his health. Mario Ellie does occasional analyst work also.</div>
    Yeah it was S elliot I think he was half joking whne he made the statement just to compare his situation to something at the time he was commenting to. Though he said he was not getting any minutes do to all the young guys on the team that wanted minutes when he made the comment.