Karl Malone

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, Sep 25, 2004.

1. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Longshots for Malone?s services:

Utah. Who says ?You can never go home again?" The Jazz are loaded, and Malone at 41 would be a far better frontcourt reserve than Curtis Borchardt or Jarron Collins. A 4-5 rotation of Carlos Boozer, Mehmet Okur and Malone could do some real damage. Yes, Malone could actually win a ring in Utah.</div>
    Link

I highly doubt Karl Malone has even considered coming back to Utah, and I don't think Kevin O'Connor would mind that.
    If he was to come back, times have changed, he probably wouldn't even be starting at PF. He would be better off in San Antonio.

2. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

Well, I don't understand why Karl wouldn't start. He was injured and had knee surgery...so did Tim Duncan, and Jason Kidd. It's not the end of the world for Karl. Plus, the man put up 13 PPG and 9 RPG last season, and that's with Shaq, Kobe and Gary Payton. I assure you he could have an 18-20 PPG season if he was on a different team...the 9 rebounds a game is impressive enough.

Then again, on the Jazz...I don't see how you could fit Kirilenko, Boozer and Malone in the lineup at once.

3. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Then again, on the Jazz...I don't see how you could fit Kirilenko, Boozer and Malone in the lineup at once.</div>Yeah. Okur IMO is not ready to start yet and doesn't have a lot of starting experience. Boozer has the size to play center for half a game, and a lineup of AK47, Malone and Booz will be a very tall frontcourt and could put up 60 points any night.

4. spark22

spark22 JBB JustBBall MVP

It would be cool to see Malone back in Utah, but I think it would look rather weird w/o #12 there with him.

5. kobebryant89

kobebryant89 JBB JustBBall Member

He won't come back, he alreeady said that after the Kobe Bryant incident with the fake phone call.

6. Stockton

Stockton JBB

I would like to see how Karl Malone gets on without John Stockton in Utah. Throughout their seasons together, they was plaenty of doubters who thought they would be just average without each other. Malone's first season without Stockton wasn't as impressive, although he had far more scorers around him than he had previously had in Utah.