Bucks Sign Marcus Fizer

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by gmanspack, Nov 4, 2004.

1. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

November 4, 2004 - The Milwaukee Bucks have signed free agent forward Marcus Fizer to a contract, General Manager Larry Harris announced today. Terms of the contract were not disclosed in accordance with club policy.
    ?We are encouraged by what we have seen from Marcus in his workouts since undergoing off-season knee surgery,? said Harris. ?As he continues his aggressive rehabilitation schedule and completes several practices to improve his conditioning, we think he will be a solid contributor on our team.?

Originally drafted by Chicago in the first round of the 2000 NBA Draft (fourth overall), Fizer, 26, averaged 10.5 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 232 games over four seasons with the Bulls. Following his rookie season, he was named to the NBA All-Rookie Second Team. His best season came in 2001-02 when he tallied 12.3 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 76 games.

Fizer was selected by the Charlotte Bobcats in the NBA Expansion Draft on June 22, 2004. Under the Expansion Agreement rules, restricted free agents became unrestricted free agents on July 1, 2004.

[​IMG]

I really like this signing, hey why not take a chance on a guy that really hasn't put up bad numbers over the course of his career and give him a shot. Can't be worse than Slip.

2. LakerReign

LakerReign JBB JustBBall Member

Nice pick up.. How's his knee? impact player

3. Saves

Saves JBB JustBBall Member

Awesome. I've always liked Fizer. He's a beast and can whip out some nasty dunks. He's 10x better than Haislip.

4. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Still can't believe they gave up Haislip, who's still developing and improving, for this out of shape bust.

5. LakerReign

LakerReign JBB JustBBall Member

What area of his game did Haislip improve in? With the bucks being such a soft team with limited big men, how could he fail to establish himself. Wow! Fizer... Show me a bust with his stats playing behind the Bulls front court future.

6. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">What area of his game did Haislip improve in? With the bucks being such a soft team with limited big men, how could he fail to establish himself. Wow! Fizer... Show me a bust with his stats playing behind the Bulls front court future</div>

So you're saying that Fizer is a better option than Haislip for the Bucks, because he's a "big man"? Last time I checked, Fizer didn't have a true posistion, and was only considered a big man cuz of his weight. Haislip is only 23 and improving. If you watch the Summer league games that he played in, you can see his potential and upside. He's more versitile and much more valuable than a player like Fizer, who's basically not getting any better, out of shape, and constantly injured, without a true posistion. Fizer is going to be doing the same thing Haislip was doing for the Bucks, riding the bench. WOW! [​IMG]

7. bangofan13

bangofan13 JBB JustBBall Member

Good move by the bucks for signing fizer
    way to go Harris [​IMG]

8. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

Umm were you watching the same Marcus Haislip, Banks, where was he improving? He was god awful in the preseason. Sure he has potential, but he has had 3 years of practice and preseason to prove himself, and hasn't improved at all.

Fizer is out 3-4 weeks still rehabing the knee, When James comes off the IL after 5 games Fizer will most likely be put on

9. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

Fizer's a force when healthy. However, I am surprised they gave up on Haislip. Fizer's safer, and could end up being the better pick of the 2, but Haislip's potential was amazing, but again, Fizer's a safer commodity.

Fizer can help you down in the low post, I wish him the best here in Milwuakee. He still needs to get in better shape though.