Calling all Bear's fans

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by CanadianFavreFan, Aug 2, 2006.

1. CanadianFavreFan

CanadianFavreFan nfl-*****s member

I know this Packer fan has traveled into enemy territory but I was wondering who your favorite Bear of all time. Being a big history fan I read a lot of Packer history books which surely involves a lot of Bears history so I do like guys like Papa Bear George Halas. If I had to pick a favorite from beyond enemy lines I gotta go with Mike Singletary. I think he was an awesome player and just finished reading his book which showed me he's even greater off the field. I think he'll make great head coach any year now. BTW just read a Bronko Nagurski football card sold for over 200 000$ making it the highest selling football card

2. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

Walter Payton. Hands down greatest man to ever play football, and greatest football player the bears or league ever saw. If i could be 1/10th man he was, then i would have truly done the lords work.

3. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

Walter Payton no contest

4. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

There is no one on Earth who can say a SINGLE negative Word about Sweetness, heck i wasn't even lucky enough to see him play but his reputation is so grand I feel like i did.

5. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Walter Payton and Dick Butkus are my favorite Bears...

Watching Payton demolish the Pack year after year as a kid was painful, but I always had respect for the great one. One of the all time greats!

6. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CanadianFavreFan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I was wondering who your favorite Bear of all time.</div>
    Gotta go with the controversial & Utah Native - Jim McMahon.

7. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Payton is by far my favorite Bear. Bear or not Walter Payton was a great player.

8. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Mike Singletary was my favorite Bear.

9. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

meh no like bears...[​IMG] The only thing i can say is good about the bears is the color orange...thats it... [​IMG]

10. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaPackersGb)</div><div class='quotemain'>meh no like bears [​IMG]</div>
    No like fire! FIRE BAD!!!

11. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

I would say Payton also.

12. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Fire? -throws fire at BF1-

13. Tiger85

Tiger85 nfl-*****s member

Walter Payton without a doubt. You didn't even have to be a football fan to know who he was.

14. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tiger85)</div><div class='quotemain'>Walter Payton without a doubt. You didn't even have to be a football fan to know who he was.</div>
    Is that you Connie? [​IMG] Maybe I have a chance at this competition afterall [​IMG]

15. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Walter Payton is my favorite, but Mike Singletary is a close second. As much as I admire them as football players, I admire them as men as well.

16. JpL

JpL nfl-*****s member

Waltor Peyton defintly.

17. cubuffsman78

cubuffsman78 nfl-*****s member

"Samurai" Mike Singletary is my favorite Baylor and Chicago Bear of all time. Quite frankly, he's my favorite NFL player of all time which is a big thing coming from a Cowboys fan. At Baylor, he registered over 30 tackles 3 times in his career against top notch opponents like Arkansas, Alabama, and Ohio St. He finshed with 662 tackles in his career at Baylor and was a 3-time SWC defensive player of the year. He won the Davey O'Brien Award twice and was a two time All-American.

He was supposed to be too small for the NFL and teams wanted to move him to fullback. Chicago was one of the only teams that wanted to keep him at MLB. 10-time Pro Bowler and an 8-time All Pro player (which I consider a bigger honor than the Pro Bowl), and a two time NFL Defensive Player of the Year. He played 172 games straight at one point in his career and led the greatest defense of all time. He only missed 2 games in his 12 year career. He finished with 1,488 career tackles.

I also like who he is of the field. I'm going to college to become a coach and the one thing that scares me most is balancing coaching life with family life. Mike recently wrote a devotional Bible Study book in which he talks about balancing between the two. This advice has really helped calm my fears. He's a great coach, a Hall of Fame player, maybe the best MLB to ever play the game, but he'll always be a better man than all of those achievements.