David Stern Stand UP

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by deception, Nov 20, 2004.

1. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

reading through the posts and replies u guys are looking for people to blame, that?s just not my mentality but i?m not blaming those that have arrived at abrupt conclusions. although, i think have suggestion that if implemented could curtail any future near riots and that?s the banning of the sale of alcohol. the real culprit was alcohol. think about it, all the hooligans in this scenario and all other incidents have been young men, highly intoxicated. if david stern is serious about prevention, he would forbid the sale of alcohol in all nba arenas. i understand and acknowledge that its a huge revenue stream but the NBA suffers from an image crisis which probably accounts for their poor ratings and families aren?t going to games anymore. the image of the older brother comforting his younger brother has been proliferated to every living room in north america. if the NBA genuinely wants to reform their image and attract families they need to take a stand.

2. TheNextJordan8

TheNextJordan8 JBB JustBBall Member

For theese people money comes first done get youre hopes high that stern would ban alcohol sales during games.

3. nkwu

nkwu JBB shoehead

Banning all alcohol sale @ the NBA arenas?! ha, that will never happen for a while. Atleast, I don't think so.

As for everything else, I wanna know of David Stern and the front office of the NBA is reconsidering how the court is set up, or rather, much security there is. the NBA is one of the most "open" types of playing fields where fans can almost simply run on thecourt.