TO Out for Preseason

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by vikingfan, Aug 8, 2006.

1. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

Its erupting all over the sports forums and blogs...TO is out for the preseason.

I don't know anything else - anyone hear about this?

2. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Hamstring injury is all I know... I heard he would be out for the first pre-season game, but this is the first I've heard of him being out for all four.

He does say something in this article about not having to play until September...
    http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/15223817.htm

3. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

I had heard he missed two days of practice. So what.

Dallas' chemistry is slowly being chipped away at as I type. In an interview w/ Bob Costas on Sunday, TO went out of his way to say Tuna was part of the decision to bring him in & pander to Parcells every chance he got.

After McNabb's comments during the HOF game, this move by TO doesn't surprise me. TO will NEVER suffer a groin injury. nod. nod. wink. wink. say no more.

DMac implied it was good to be free of the hassle and that the Eagles could focus on being a team again and would not have to worry about individual accomplishments.

4. CanadianFavreFan

CanadianFavreFan nfl-*****s member

If he's playing or not I'm sure he's still all we'll here about in preseason. To bad when the battles for positions on all teams is why I love training camp and preseason

5. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

I heard that they are trying out FredEx when they found out Owens was hurt,

6. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Parcells seems really upset with all the TO questions and he doesn't seem to please about TO's injury at all.

It's starting already, seems like they're is a lot of tension. Potentially they're could be a blowout.

7. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

i think this is the beginning of the problems the cowboys will have this year. if TO is out not too many great WRs to throw too

8. Pack Attack

Jerry Jones said that T.O. needs to toughen up and learn to practice with pain.

9. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

god i can just feel the Cowboys slowly falling apart... you know wat the great thing is tho that for the whole month of August we'll be hearing about:
    1. TO's injury
    2. How he will react to it
    3. What is he doing to rehab it
    4. Whatever else TO can think up by saying something to get more media attention
    5. How the Cowboys will fare without him
    6. How will he rebound from this horrific turn of events and will he be ready
    7. etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

10. dallascowboysradio

dallascowboysradio nfl-*****s member

Guys, being in Dallas and all, I can tell you it really isn't all that bad. In fact it's kinda been ho-hum to tell you the truth. Now if he pulls this stuff in the regular season, well, the mood out here will be quite different.

11. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

living in NY i dont hear enough about TO...

12. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Yeah I can't watch NFL Live or listen to ESPN Radio without hearing something about TO.

13. dallascowboysradio

dallascowboysradio nfl-*****s member

Unless it involves crack and/or a whore it doesn't qualify as "scandalous" to us here in Big D. [​IMG] Don't get me wrong he's the talk of the town and everything. But missing pre-season doesn't make it a "big deal". To us fans anyway.

14. Pack Attack

15. Packersfan

Packersfan nfl-*****s member

All I know is that if I was a player on that team I'd be getting pissed. It's like Parcells is scared to say something. I mean everyone else on the team has to know that if it were them, they'd be getting shit.

16. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

Parcells is more upset about Owens, Glenn, and Crayton all missing practice than he is about Owens missing practice.

I've listened to just about every press conference that Parcells has had since he's arrived in Dallas. I'm starting to catch on to his nuances. He is saying that the TO situation isn't bothering him, but he is allowing hints that it is instead. They are subtle. He won't say the guy's name. He says stuff every once in awhile that he needs to get his butt into practice. He throws out these mini-bombs and yet he downplays the situation.

The casual observer would think old Bill is really upset with Owens, but is trying to keep the situation on a calm level. I will tell you this. I believe very strongly that there are a lot of other stories within the Dallas camp that would be the news if it wasn't for TO. BP is floating the TO situation just enough to keep everyone on this subject, and it is allowing him and his team to work the other situations without the media microscope.

Parcells loves the media banter, and I've learned that he says and does everything for a reason.

The Cowboys and Romo are currently working on a long-term contract. Henson's reps are next to nothing lately. It is clear that the Cowboys are willing to continue to allow Romo work his way into the starting lineup at some point, which does not necessarily imply this year at any point. After Romo's first-game performance, the initial media knee-jerk reaction is that there is a QB controversy in Dallas. Can you imagine what it would be like if it was the main and only story?

Notice that DE Greg Ellis is currently the opening-day starting outside linebacker ahead of first-round pick Carpenter? Notice that the WRs are so depleted with injuries that Dallas traded a 6th rounder (allegedly) for a no-name WR from the Broncos? Do you know that Flozell Adams may not be ready to come back from his knee-injury yet? Will the O-line be any good this year? Will that end up pushing Romo's value because he is so much more mobile than Bledsoe? Did you know that rookie Pat Wakins has been so impressive that he may be the starting FS this year? Is the media in his face about it? No.

Like I said, Bill has a reason for everything, so I'm not worried about him. I wish I could say the same about Owens. Stay tuned.

17. Pack Attack

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Notice that the WRs are so depleted with injuries that Dallas traded a 6th rounder (allegedly) for a no-name WR from the Broncos?</div>
    I wonder if Jerry Jones has tried making a play for Lelie or Jerry Porter? According to reports, several teams have made offers for Jerry Porter, but the Raiders have shut them all down.

18. Thoth

[quote name='dallascowbys radio']Unless it involves crack and/or a whore it doesn't qualify as "scandalous" to us here in Big D. Don't get me wrong he's the talk of the town and everything. But missing pre-season doesn't make it a "big deal". To us fans anyway.[/quote]
    Yeah. Where's Irvin and/or Nate Newton when you really need them? ROFL.

[quote name='dallascowbys radio']Guys, being in Dallas and all, I can tell you it really isn't all that bad. In fact it's kinda been ho-hum to tell you the truth. Now if he pulls this stuff in the regular season, well, the mood out here will be quite different.[/quote]
    That's the impression I got initially.

[quote name='Cowboy71']I've listened to just about every press conference that Parcells has had since he's arrived in Dallas. I'm starting to catch on to his nuances. He is saying that the TO situation isn't bothering him, but he is allowing hints that it is instead. They are subtle. He won't say the guy's name. He says stuff every once in awhile that he needs to get his butt into practice. He throws out these mini-bombs and yet he downplays the situation.[/quote]
    After listening to Dan Patrick today, Terrell said,
    To quote Arte Johnson from Laugh-in, "Verrrry interesting."

19. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

I will sum up the TO factor for ya right now.. All TO is doing is seeing how far he can push parcells getting a feel for what he can get away with.. notice he was on the bike until parcells went public saying he needs to see him now and poof he is practicing.. TO is seeing what he can get away with

20. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bears#1Fan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I will sum up the TO factor for ya right now.. All TO is doing is seeing how far he can push parcells getting a feel for what he can get away with.. notice he was on the bike until parcells went public saying he needs to see him now and poof he is practicing.. TO is seeing what he can get away with</div>
    Agreed. Just like a spoiled 5 yr trying to see what he can get away with.

Parcells IMO needs to put a boot up Terrell's backside ASAP.