Artest suspended For the Season, Jackson 30 Games, JO 25 Games, Wallace 6 games

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by BigBlueFan, Nov 20, 2004.

1. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Nov. 20, 2004
    SportsLine.com wire reports

NEW YORK -- The NBA suspended Ron Artest, Jermaine O'Neal and Stephen Jackson of Indiana and Ben Wallace of Detroit on Saturday for taking part in one of the ugliest brawls in U.S. sports history.

The suspensions were indefinite, and the league was still investigating Friday night's melee, which commissioner David Stern called "shocking, repulsive and inexcusable -- a humiliation for everyone associated with the NBA."

The league issued a statement saying it was reviewing rules and security procedures "so that fans can continue to attend our games unthreatened by events such as the ones that occurred last night."

AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved </div>

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/7908561

2. Accord

Accord JBB JustBBall Member

O'Neal, Artest, Jackson and Wallace have been suspended indefinitely

ESPNEWS just reported that Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson, and Ben Wallace have all been suspended indefinitely. The length of the suspensions and the amount of fines they'll receive if any have yet to be determined but all four of them are suspended until further notice. Big Ben's case should be settled by the end of the weekend since he did nothing criminal, but O'Neal, Artest, and Jackson all questionably committed crimes and their cases won't be settled until the Auburn Hills prosecutors office decides whether to charge them with crimes or not which could take a while.

The Pistons can get by without Big Ben, but the Pacers are screwed. Pacers team leaders in points:

Ron Artest 24.6
    Jermaine O'Neal 22.6
    Stephen Jackson 15.3
    Austin Croshere 12.1
    Jamaal Tinsley 9.8

3. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Accord:</div><div class="quote_post">ESPNEWS just reported that Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson, and Ben Wallace have all been suspended indefinitely. Big Ben's case should be settled by the end of the weekend since he did nothing criminal, but O'Neal, Artest, and Jackson all questionably committed crimes and their cases won't be settled until the Auburn Hills prosecutors office decides whether to charge them with crimes or not which could take a while.

The Pistons can get by without Big Ben, but the Pacers are screwed.

Pacers team leaders in points:

Ron Artest 24.6
    Jermaine O'Neal 22.6
    Stephen Jackson 15.3
    Austin Croshere 12.1
    Jamaal Tinsley 9.8</div>

I am glad to see the league took swift action.

4. yanix

yanix JBB JustBBall Member

i just hope its not going to be that long. this is really going to hurt the pacers, but not so much with detroit.

5. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

6. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Pacers will miss those three. It will be interesting who takes on an leadership role and propels the team over the hump while missing their top three guys. My bet here is Jamaal Tinsley.

7. MR_SAC_KING

MR_SAC_KING JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Accord:</div><div class="quote_post">ESPNEWS just reported that Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson, and Ben Wallace have all been suspended indefinitely. The length of the suspensions and the amount of fines they'll receive if any have yet to be determined but all four of them are suspended until further notice. Big Ben's case should be settled by the end of the weekend since he did nothing criminal, but O'Neal, Artest, and Jackson all questionably committed crimes and their cases won't be settled until the Auburn Hills prosecutors office decides whether to charge them with crimes or not which could take a while.

The Pistons can get by without Big Ben, but the Pacers are screwed. Pacers team leaders in points:

Ron Artest 24.6
    Jermaine O'Neal 22.6
    Stephen Jackson 15.3
    Austin Croshere 12.1
    Jamaal Tinsley 9.8</div>

Sounds like the NBA Was very quick to take action.That's good,however Indiana pretty much got the raw end of the deal with the players from Indiana being suspended,but that's the way it goes,and it's what you get for acting crazy.

8. Flava23

Flava23 JBB JustBBall Member

Sucks for the Pacers but good for my fantasy team since the only good pacer left will be croshere and maybe Reggie Mill

9. AllBoutDaPacers

AllBoutDaPacers JBB JustBBall Member

I like how the league just made Indiana an uncompetitive team. And pretty much gave the pistons their divison even though the pacers owned them during the game.

10. Accord

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllBoutDaPacers:</div><div class="quote_post">I like how the league just made Indiana an uncompetitive team. And pretty much gave the pistons their divison even though the pacers owned them during the game.</div>
    The Pacers have no one to blame except themselves. Artest, Jackson, and O'Neal all deserved to be suspended and this is irrefutable. Can you name ONE Pistons player other than Ben Wallace that deserved to be suspended?

11. MR_SAC_KING

MR_SAC_KING JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Accord:</div><div class="quote_post">The Pacers have no one to blame except themselves. Artest, Jackson, and O'Neal all deserved to be suspended and this is irrefutable. Can you name ONE Pistons player other than Ben Wallace that deserved to be suspended?</div>

Overall it was stupid peroid that the brawl even took place.I Will say that I Blame everyone in this mess,the fans,the players from their respective teams.

But the bottom line is that the punishment fits the crime,and that's the way it should be.

12. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Accord:</div><div class="quote_post">The Pacers have no one to blame except themselves. Artest, Jackson, and O'Neal all deserved to be suspended and this is irrefutable. Can you name ONE Pistons player other than Ben Wallace that deserved to be suspended?</div>
    Hey if I threw beer at you, what would you have done? Come on, Artest did the same as what anyone would have done and that's because he's a human also. As of last night, I'm a new Indiana fan lol.

13. Accord

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting WadeDynasty:</div><div class="quote_post">Hey if I threw beer at you, what would you have done? Come on, Artest did the same as what anyone would have done and that's because he's a human also. As of last night, I'm a new Indiana fan lol.</div>

I would have reacted the same way Artest did if someone threw a beer at me, but does that mean I didn't do anything wrong and should get off scott free? Of course not.

I'm sort of a quasi-Pacers fan now too, lol. Ever since last night i've been using the Pacers a lot in NBA Live 2005 online [​IMG].

14. nkwu

nkwu JBB shoehead

^who wouldn't be more of a fan of the pacers ever since that fight.

As for their suspensions though, it is just action, but I want to see some finite numbers and wanna know when they will be back. I definitely wanna see that Christmas game.

15. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Huge loss for the Pacers. I think they might not make it to the playoffs because of this.

16. Miami's Finest

Miami's Finest JBB JustBBall Member

I don't know why but I also find myself liking the Pacers more after last night.

17. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Too bad for those with an Indiana roster on their Fantasy leagues. In all seriousness though, I hope things can get resolved. It would be terrible for Indiana Basketball if they couldn't compete.

18. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I guess many people seem to like thugs then? what the Pacers players did was a disgrace. You don't attack and punch fans no matter what. You get paid millions to forget what the fans say or do. Any respect I had for Artest has gone, I'm in total shock what Stephen did though, I would never of thought he would go as low as that, Artest? yes but not Sjax.

19. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Why is it when stuff like this happens in other sports where you don't have a lot of black athletes (baseball or hockey), people don't rush to call them "thugs?" The Pacer's reaction was stupid, but also quite natural given the emotions involved. A person doesn't necessarily require a criminal mentality to do what they did.

20. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">I guess many people seem to like thugs then? what the Pacers players did was a disgrace. You don't attack and punch fans no matter what. You get paid millions to forget what the fans say or do. Any respect I had for Artest has gone, I'm in total shock what Stephen did though, I would never of thought he would go as low as that, Artest? yes but not Sjax.</div>

They also get paid millions to play the game they way that it is meant to be played. Which doesn't include shoving people when you get your butt kicked on your home court.