Memphis' New Coaching Staff

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by .cabangbang, Dec 2, 2004.

1. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

Have any of you guys seen Memphis' new coaching staff? It is:

Head Coach: Mike Frattelo
    Assistant Coach: Mike Mussleman
    Assistant Coach: Mitchell Anderson.

That is one good coaching staff. Muss is going to provide lots of wins with Fratello. Memphis is going to be on helluva team. I gotta admit the Memphis front office did a spectacular job of choosing the new coaching staff

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I wish we could have kept Musselman as assistant coach. He is great for young players, but will irk the hell out of veterans.

3. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

I didn't always agree with his calls but he got this Warriors team to play with heart.

4. Custodianrules2

I think once Montgomery is given free reign he'll earn a good reputation as a player's coach where he will attract players that know about his system. But Monty needs to get the guy he can depend on and lead by example... either that or get lucky and draft rookies that are more polished like Duncan, Lebron, or Garnett. We always get projects with a capital P or just plain players with too many weaknesses that outweigh all their strengths. I think that's the warriors biggest problem. I think Pietrus can be special on both ends of the floor, the only thing that's stopping him is his out of control play and lack of game time.

5. superder81

superder81 JBB JustBBall Member

Brian Cardinal, with Musselman on that bench, is gonna break out once more. [​IMG] for Card, [​IMG] for us.

We could of been: Arenas, Richardson, Jamison, Murphy (heck even Fortson), and Dampier, with Boykins, Cardinal, and Sura off the bench. And Musselman head coaching.

Oh well, no more time for that.

6. Custodianrules2

Depends on who the head coach wants in the game. I don't even know why Hubie wanted Cardinal when they have Shane Battier already. Oh well at least the blue collar basketball player with a receding hairline got the big dollars. He'll be back on the W's squad some day because the W's was the turning point in his career and he'll want to come back. He was great to watch. Najera's been filling the void somewhat but we don't see him enough on the court.

7. Zhone

Zhone JBB JustBBall Member

Muss is also the head assistant, and Fratello and Muss (and Hubie) all have a similar, high energy coaching style. Fratello is a lot more experienced, though, but Muss will probably get a shot somewhere or in Memphis if something happens.

8. wtwalker77

wtwalker77 JBB JustBBall Member

My only comment on the Memphis situation is that they are now really in a bind with the players they signed. I don't know any other coach, Fratello included, who would have as many guys in the rotation as Brown did. 10 guys on the Griz averaged between 19.4 and 31.4 minutes, with the two others getting 12 and 14 minutes. They have six sgs/sfs, a couple of guys are going to get squeezed out of the rotation.

I think the Battier and Cardinal contracts are going to come back to haunt them as Fratello (and probably eventually Musselman) runs the team with a 8-9 man rotation.