Favorite Thing About The Magic This Year?

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by bbwSwish, Dec 2, 2004.

1. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

What is your favorite thing about the Magic this year? It can only be one thing. My favorite thing is that Dwight Howard has been playing well. He has been playing great and showing what he can do in the future.

2. OrlandoMagicFan

OrlandoMagicFan JBB JustBBall Member

Cant decide on one thing....

-They dont have a .000 record in November

-They are leading their division

- Everyone is playing solid so far

- No Tmac

- Lots of Depth

-Playoff potential

-Championship caliber

3. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Either Grant Hill or Dwight Howard. Both have been amazing additions to this ballclub. I also like the chemistry between Mobley, Francis, and Cato. I also like everything that OrlandoMagicFan said.

4. Devilz

Devilz JBB JustBBall Member

I like...

1. We can say we can make it into playoff

2. Grant Hill is back

3. D12, Nelson and I like Hedo!

4. T-Mac gone, Francis + Cato + Mobley in

5. We can say Championship is not impossible

5. XOver

XOver JBB JustBBall Member

Took the words out of my mouth (all previous posters) lol.

How about the fact that Weisbrod is proving ALL naysayers wrong? Or even better yet, team chemistry (everyone).

6. MagicForEver123

MagicForEver123 JBB Banned Member

Well, it's really difficult to put a finger just on one thing, but I have to say that having a real team (=team chemistry + a balanced team, not like having Gooden and Juwan fighting for minutes, + a coach who knows how to use his guys) is the best thing to have.

7. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sportsrock37:</div><div class="quote_post">Either Grant Hill or Dwight Howard. Both have been amazing additions to this ballclub. </div>
    I narrowed it down to those two as well. But since Dwight Howard is the future and he will in the league many years after Hill retires, I chose him as my favorite thing.

8. magicdamo23

magicdamo23 JBB JustBBall Member

Liking alot of things atm:

1) Were no longer a 1 trick pony (or ball club rather) now T-Mac is gone. He was a great individual player, but the players we got into the team make it just that, a team.
    2) Were winning! My heart sank when I saw where we finished (but come draft day was quite happy, once again we have a great rookie!)
    3) WE HAVE A GREAT ROOKIE!. Def a candidate for ROY, gonna be Rookie 1st team, and the way he is going he could be a big contender for all defensive team!
    4) Hill is back. When not at magic he was my fav non-magic player, and I was so glad we got him, finally we can use him!
    5) Stevies dunks, they are just plain cool.

9. TimFlem

TimFlem JBB JustBBall Member

I like our rookies, they've been proving themselves night in and night out, also i like that stevenson has improved tremendously since last season and i also like that we're winning.

10. explosive

explosive JBB JustBBall Member

For me, aside from the obvious (winning), it's refreshing to see a Magic team the likes of which have never existed in O-Town. Having a team that can run up and down the court, play an uptempo offense and still do well on defense is great and fun to watch. But that's really just the top of the iceberg.

It's really great to see Grant Hill back even though I feel bad about doubting him now. More than that, it's very exciting to see two rising stars develop in Orlando, since Shaq and Penny, we haven't really had anybody come to our team as rookies with as much potential as those two possess. Tonight was a perfect example when Dwight Howard was showing a lot more poise with his back to the basket on offense.

11. McGrady#1

McGrady#1 JBB JustBBall Member

i like the fact that my man, Grant Hill is back, and he's not just returned as a role player, he's a major threat to any opponent, although i think if he was asked to just play a role he'd do it. he's the kind of player that will do what he can to make the team better, and he suceeds night in and night out.

12. magicdamo23

magicdamo23 JBB JustBBall Member

Thats a intersting idea actually - Shaq and Penny were obviously a instant hit (and considering how close to the expansion we aquired those 2 they were obviously a big impact). Howard and Nelson develop into a future 1-2 punch ?

Not saying that they will, but does anyone think that they might? or if they wont why?

13. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting magicdamo23:</div><div class="quote_post">Thats a intersting idea actually - Shaq and Penny were obviously a instant hit (and considering how close to the expansion we aquired those 2 they were obviously a big impact). Howard and Nelson develop into a future 1-2 punch ?

Not saying that they will, but does anyone think that they might? or if they wont why?</div>

Nope, 2 words.... Stevie Franchise. Francis will be the starting PG for a long time and Jameer will continue to be a backup in Orlando.

14. MagicForEver123

MagicForEver123 JBB Banned Member

Yes, it's a pitty that it is like that but sportsrock is right. I only hope that Jameer won't end up like our previous first round picks, especially the ones ment to be our future PGs. But I think he already showed promise and will be one day a huge part of our team.

15. iceman

iceman JBB JustBBall Member

GRANT HILL IS BACK!!! [​IMG] So happy =D

16. baller#4

baller#4 JBB JustBBall Member

my favorite thing is our new pg from houston steve francis he should really improve what t-lue was doing