Colledge demoted, Moll starting

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by porky88, Aug 15, 2006.

1. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Packers have demoted 2nd round pick Daryn Colledge to 2nd string LG. They've moved 3rd round pick Jason Spitz to LG and promoted 5th round pick Tony Moll too starting RG.

I like the fact McCarthy is making changes and trying too find ways to get things right. Colledge said he's confident he can make the adjustments and get back into the starting lineup.

Satuday should be fun too watch or not. :reallysick:

Moll went up against Shawn Merriman 3 times last Saturday and didn't let him get any pressure on Favre. So maybe they're is hope.

2. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

When they drafted Moll I had No Flippin Idea who he was, The guy is a converted Tight end, which means he's mobile and agile, This draft I believe is going to yeild 3 of our future O-line men for the next 5-10 years.

3. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

I predict the veteran, Michael Moore, will be in one of the guard spots by week one.

Info on Moore:
    http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=484485

If I were Ted Thompson, I might call the Eagles about Hank Fraley and maybe move Wells to Guard. Something tells me that Fraley will land with the Browns, though.

4. FLORIDA PACKER

As long as we get some one in there to keep Favre on his feet I don't care who it is! Colledge may be on the Shite list now but Wasn't Mike Whale very near to being cut early in his career?

5. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

Atleast we are doing something to see if the line is good.

6. CanadianFavreFan

CanadianFavreFan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>I predict the veteran, Michael Moore, will be in one of the guard spots by week one.

Info on Moore:
    http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=484485

If I were Ted Thompson, I might call the Eagles about Hank Fraley and maybe move Wells to Guard. Something tells me that Fraley will land with the Browns, though.</div>
    Good point PA. I just read how Fraley was probably gonna lose his starting job and never even thought about us picking him up. Honey Buns would be a big help IMO. I think this year he's also only making about 650 grand but could be wrong on that

7. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Favre was on his back all day during that chargers game. That o-line just needs to gel togther, and moving around everybody every week isnt going to work.

8. Packersfan

Packersfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Favre was on his back all day during that chargers game. That o-line just needs to gel togther, and moving around everybody every week isnt going to work.</div>
    They're not going to move them around every week. This is the beginning of the preseason, they are still trying to find out who's the best fit for each spot. By the third preseason game they will have everyone where they're going to play, barring anymore injuries.

9. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Favre was on his back all day during that chargers game. That o-line just needs to gel togther, and moving around everybody every week isnt going to work.</div>
    Well last year they sat back and waited for them to gel and it didn't happen. This year they're looking for the best solution after 14 practices. I think by week 3 of preseason though, they need to have something set.

10. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>I predict the veteran, Michael Moore, will be in one of the guard spots by week one.</div>
    [​IMG]
    Maybe nose tackle ... but I just can't see him as a starting NFL guard Kenn.

11. FLORIDA PACKER

12. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FLORIDA PACKER)</div><div class='quotemain'>When they drafted Moll I had No Flippin Idea who he was.</div>
    [​IMG]
    I liked Moll as Bull on Night Court, but he's a little long in the tooth.
    Moore and Moll should keep us lol.

13. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>I predict the veteran, Michael Moore, will be in one of the guard spots by week one.</div>
    http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/102328.jpg
    Maybe nose tackle ... but I just can't see him as a starting NFL guard Kenn.</div>
    Zach likes fat men?

14. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Zack - I laughed my ass off when I saw the guy's name was Michael Moore, too. No wonder he goes by "Mookie." I wouldn't want anyone mistaking me for the "other" Michael Moore either.